Author Topic: Waking in night  (Read 925 times)

Offline anon

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Georgia
« on: October 08, 2006, 20:48:08 pm »
How old is your child? 4 & half months
What’s his/her daily routine? wake up has bottle plays for a while in between naps. then bottle bath bed .
What’s nap routine? has 3 45 min cat naps per day
How long are naps? 45 mins
What's bedtime routine? Time? bath bottle then bed by 6.30.
Do you bottle or breastfed?? bottle
How much? or how long? approx 6 6oz bottles per day
If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed)
How many wakes per night? usually 1
What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? not crying just awake and noisy
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry? fussing
What have you tried to settle?? a bottle
What do you do for A time and how long is it? approx 2 hrs each & she plays alone for a while then i play with her with singing and tt
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones?not that i know of
Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months) no
Do they have a prop? If so what is it? has a muslin/lovie but not overly fussed with it. can do without
Do they have a lovie? muslin

My dd is 4 & half months old, she used to go through the night till she was about 3 months..yes from birth she done that, thought it was odd but felt very lucky. Then she started to wake in the night for a bottle sometimes twice a night. Now she wakes usually only once but where as before she would gulp the whole bottle down & go straight back to sleep now she has started to wake between 1 & 4 but seem disinterested in her bottle only taking about an oz. So I change her nappy & put her back to bed. She dosn't cry if only for a couple of mins then settles herself. Although most people would think this was great compared to babes that wake constantly through the night, but it is really frustrating because I don't understand why she is waking. She goes to bed at 6.30pm and sometimes this is even a struggle to make her wait that long.
Please help!

Offline calebs mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
  • My two favorite guys!
Re: Waking in night
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 15:46:32 pm »
If she is not crying when she wakes, have you tried to just leave her to resettle herself?  My son sometimes wakes up early in the morning, will talk for a bit, then go back to sleep.  If she isn't interested in the bottle, then I wouldn't worry about trying to feed her.  If she does cry, have you tried just going in and doing shh/pat instead of getting her up and changing her or feeding her? She just may need some help getting back to sleep.  Sometimes, if my son just fusses, I wait a minute to see if he can resettle on his own.  Crying is different than fussing.  If the fussing escalates into crying then definately go in and try to help her resettle.  Does that make sense? 
Stephanie- mom to Caleb and baby boy #2 due July 4, 2008

Offline anon

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Georgia
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 21:40:23 pm »
Hi there, Thank you that does make sense, will give it a go. We still have her in our room at the mo so I think I might get her to her own room soon as we may be disturbing her aswell. Bless them, its all trial an error. Im sure we will get there in the end.
Thanx for you info.

Offline calebs mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
  • My two favorite guys!
Re: Waking in night
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 22:24:09 pm »
Your welcome!  Good luck with transitioning her to her own room.  I can't help you out with that one, but if you do need help, I am sure there are others that will be able to.
Stephanie- mom to Caleb and baby boy #2 due July 4, 2008