Author Topic: W/S not working for 2am wakings  (Read 730 times)

Offline lsmummum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: October 09, 2006, 15:41:07 pm »
Hi,
    my 4 1/2 month DS has been habitually waking at 230-245am for quite a while now. He is not hungry when wakes, but we usually reswaddle, change diaper when needed (it's usually it is so wet , it weights about 3 lbs), reapply soother and he goes back to sleep, with little problem.

I have been using W/S for a couple of weeks now,  waking him at 130- 145am and he continues to wake at 230-245am. I have tried playing with the times of arousing, but it doesn't seem to matter.

I have also played with the arouse method. I have to be very careful because he wakes up very easily.

Any suggestions on what to do would be of great help.

P.S. we also suffer from 30-45( both times for each nap) naps which we are doing W/S for. It also doesn't seem to be doing much here either. I will arouse at 25 mins, and he goes back to sleep. The second arouse is usually less successful and he wakes. We end up crying, and I lay my hand on him and sh while he cries for a few mins. until he falls back asleep.

It was tough to get him here.It was tough keeping him in. it was tough to keep him with us once he arrived, it's not tough to love my b

Offline Petra-Kate

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: W/S not working for 2am wakings
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 00:15:13 am »
Are you doing a dream feed?  If so, are you changing his diaper at the dream feed?  If he is waking up at 2:30 with a really wet diaper, then changing it at the dream feed might help him sleep through the 2:30 am waking. 

How many naps is your DS taking each day? Is he taking a cat nap?  Better naps usually helps with night time sleep.  I hope this helps.
Petra-Kate, Mommy to Marius

Offline lsmummum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 03:49:34 am »
My husband does the DF, and no he has not been changing, good poppint.

Total naps are 3, including his late afternoon cat nap. But it's hard to get him rested up when he has the 45 min. problem. Of course, he's never really slept that well anyways!

Thanks for the thoughts.

It was tough to get him here.It was tough keeping him in. it was tough to keep him with us once he arrived, it's not tough to love my b

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: W/S not working for 2am wakings
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 21:09:32 pm »
You might try doing W2S a little later, like at 2:00.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o