Author Topic: 16 mo nap/bedtime  (Read 765 times)

Offline cam621

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
16 mo nap/bedtime
« on: October 09, 2006, 18:03:24 pm »
I am not sure what to do about the following:  my dd usually sleeps about 45min. to an hour for naps.  I have been trying to put her down later in the afternoon, but it just doesn't seem to help.  She has been waking up later (7am) which is great for me, but when I try putting her down at around noon, she gets up maybe an hour later crying so you can tell she is still tired.  Not sure how to extend...Also, when I do put her down later, how much time between the wakeup and bedtime should it be?  i like her 7-7:30pm bedtime because of her short naps, but not sure if I should keep it at the same time since she is going down for a nap later...Any suggestions/advice??

Thanks a lot!
Jackie

Offline Florencia

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
Re: 16 mo nap/bedtime
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 18:13:57 pm »
For a noon nap a 7pmish bedtime seems perfect to me.

To extend the nap you can try wake to sleep. You go at the 50 min mark if the nap is consistantly 1 hour long (or at the 35 min mark if the consistancy is around 45 mins) and gently rub her back or some kind of cuddle that doesn't wake her fully, you're just looking for a small jolt to help her get past to the next sleep cycle. In the FAQ section of this board there's a complete explanation of this method and there's a sticky about a success story of WTS for naps. You might want to check them out.

Good luck!
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake