Author Topic: problem understanding my sons language  (Read 781 times)

Offline jen13

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: October 10, 2006, 08:28:57 am »
Hi, i am not  too sure if i am at the right place? I am having difficulties understanding my 8month old sons language. When he plays or actually most of the time, he makes a loud scream like he is yelling and then tenses his whole body and closes his fists. He face looks frustrated and sometimes looks like he wants to cry. At first i thought maybe tired sign but even after a good 1hr 2.5hrs he still does that. when i approach him he is fine.
I am also having great difficulties when to put him down for his naps. He just seems to look tired all the time. What is the first sign?
Also of late he makes a really loud and angry cry while he is trying to get back to sleep after a short nap? he also does this on some nights but goes bact to sleep.could this be separation anxeity? If not how do u know if it is?
Thanks for your help

Offline calebs mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
  • My two favorite guys!
Re: problem understanding my sons language
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 14:53:43 pm »
My son does something similar when he is ready for a change of scenery during activity time.  Often changing rooms with different toys or going outside seems to help.  It could also be his way of getting your full attention, if he calms when you go to him.  Maybe he is just saying, "I'm bored, will you come play with me?"  As for naps and nights, maybe he is frustrated and having a hard time getting back to sleep.  Just my thoughts. 
Stephanie- mom to Caleb and baby boy #2 due July 4, 2008

Offline nicolanorway

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • mum to christian
Re: problem understanding my sons language
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 08:15:12 am »
sounds a little like frustation, obviously they can't communicate exactly what they want/don't want so they yell, screech etc. also just a stab in the wind, is he consipated? chrsitian also makes some funny noises and be on the edge of crying if he has a very hard BM. i thni SA's main clues are that you can't leave the room w/o him crying for you and trouble ging to sleep at night. is any of this happening?
post back and maybe we can find a reason but all in all if he falling back to sleep on his own then it doesn't sound like too much to worry about.
nicola
[u rl=http://lilypie.com][/url]