Author Topic: did the dreamfeed but she still woke at the same time?  (Read 1025 times)

Offline barbarab

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
did the dreamfeed but she still woke at the same time?
« on: October 12, 2006, 06:07:24 am »
Hi everyone

posted yesterday about being worried about starting the dreamfeed but decided to give it a go.  LO went to bed around 8pm as she was difficult to get down and i waited up till 10.30 and then gave her a dreamfeed.  She took 4oz which was fantastic and i was hopeful she wouldnt wake until at least 3am.  But she still woke at the same time of 1.30am for a feed which she took and took an hour to settle and then up again at 6.15am for another feed.  Now she is asleep again where she will probably stay until 8am again. 

Can anyone tell me what i did wrong.  I dont see the point of doing one if she is not going to go through as usually when i feed her at 7-8 she will wake at the same time of 1.30 ish anyway.

B x

Offline Londonmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: did the dreamfeed but she still woke at the same time?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 07:05:41 am »
It might take a few attempts before the dream feed starts to work, so give it some more time. It could be that she is used to waking at 1:30 but if you persevere, hopefully she'll get the message before too long!

Nikki~

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 07:09:31 am »
I'd give it a good week before giving up. My ds was like that and it took a wee while for the feed to make a difference to the waking, however with dd, it didn't work, but I gave it a good burst before giving it away.

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 16:31:04 pm »
I agree with Nikki sometimes it takes a bit to notice a  difference.