Author Topic: I've had it with milk !  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Mum to cool dude

• Seven Of Nine
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 52
I've had it with milk !
« on: October 13, 2006, 12:57:32 pm »
Those bottles have got to go ! We were down to 2 bottles at bedtime only but DS has gone back to milk with a vengeance lately. He has no interest in food in the evening but will whine pitifully for milk. He's got to have something in his tum so I have been giving in (he used to have cereals before bedtime but now he's all Cheerio'd out). Then at night, he's always had milk right before bed in the hope that the additional food would get him through the night - mostly it doesn't work. I now give him water with very little milk at night but he still wakes up for a drink - after all I feel thirsty at night too. I don't trust him enough to leave a sippy in the cot because he may wet his bedding with the sippy. And finally, yesterday, he decided not to give back his bottles after the night feed but there is no way I am going to let him use the bottle as a dummy

So, I see no other way than to ditch milk & bottles together. I have on many occasions offered milk and milkshares in other containers than a bottle with a teat but no sale.

My only plan of action would be to refuse giving milk during the day, offer water only at night and follow Tracy's advice and cut holes in the teats. Fortunately, DS loves cheese and yoghurts, so he would still have his calcium intake

Any advise greatly appreciated. I feel like binning the bloody bottles right now. DS was up from 4 to 6 am this morning because I was trying to hold back

binxyboo

Re: I've had it with milk !
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 14:58:56 pm »
How old is your lo? I can't see it anywhere.