Author Topic: I am back AGAIN! it is now worse than ever  (Read 920 times)

Offline maisy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 131
I am back AGAIN! it is now worse than ever
« on: November 01, 2006, 22:54:04 pm »
I am back. I have been here a few times over recent months  but I now feel I am at crisis point. DH and I have decided that we are going to really observe tonight and write down everything.

In the past two weeks our 8 mo has had a very bad sickness and diahorrea bug and has started tocrawl, which I know will be affecting her sleep. She also has 2 teeth about to come through. Teething is where this all began.

But I feel like we are reinforcing  the bad habits now. Wheile she was ill and for the week after I allowed her to eat when and what she wanted as she needed to build her strength back up and I also made allowances for her eating more due to the crawling. But itis beyond a joke, she will take a whole 9 oz bottle over 5 feeds during the night. So I thought she was maybe thirsty so one night I only offered water. She took 16oz of water !!  But none of the night feeding seems to be affecting her appetite during the day, and she is always crying for her bottle at night. It is always her hungry cry. I am so confused as to where to go and what to do now.

I feel that she is crying for her bottle  probably more for comfort than anything, as if she was hungry she would surely take it all in one go?? not over 5 feeds

I guess tonight I am just looking for reassurance that I am not making things worse. I feel awful as she has always been an excellent sleeper. I cant take anymore we all need a sleep. I will pop back in the morning with our "results" for tonight and a routine,but thanks for anything you can give in the meantime  :'(

x x x x

Lee Ann,

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: I am back AGAIN! it is now worse than ever
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 22:58:21 pm »
Normally if a little one grazes like that it is not hunger but habit KWIM?  Good luck and keep us posted on what happens.  I think you may just have to stop giving it to her all together and use pat/shh or pu/pd.

Offline Matka

• Showing Appreciation 46
  • "Brother's don't shake hands, brother's gotta hug!
Re: I am back AGAIN! it is now worse than ever
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 01:18:33 am »
Wow, sounds like you've had a tough time lately!  (((Big Hugs))) for you!  I agree with pp.  You might just have to cold turkey the bottle, or offer less, each bottle.  Good luck. 
Kathy-Ann
Wife to Big Dude, Mom to Clara the one-eyed Cat, Sean Henry, and Mark Daniel
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/ezb/1046198.png[/img]
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/ezb/1150719.png[/img]