SLEEP > General Sleep Issues

A reminder on blanket safety - a bit scary but ends OK

<< < (2/8) > >>

Spectra:
My baby is almost 10 months old now and loves to cuddle with a receiving blanket to fall asleep. I always take it out as soon as she falls asleep, but is that too young still? How old should they be really to be able to have a blanket in bed all night?

Bensmama:
Do you think the danger is the same when you swaddle?

Tuty:
Wow, this is so scary! Do you have any idea how old is her boy?
My DD is almost 9 months and I cover her at night before I go to sleep (it gets really cold at night now). Unfortunately the AC is located right by her room and makes a lot of noise. I'm using a thick blanket and tuck it under her arms so I don't think it can get wrapped over her neck (I definitely hope not!) I'd better get the quiet fans.
At what age can they safely sleep with a blanket?

leticia:
Hi, I have the same question, at what age would it be safe to cover them, my lo is 10 mths .

Wilsmon:
I don't know what age is appropriate but I have always just layered my kids instead of using blankets.  Mainly b/c they seem to just kick them off anyway and don't know how to pull them back up until a lot older - seems my daughter was at least three before she would wake up at night and put blankets back on by herself.

Anyway, right now my ds is 22 months and I put on a t-shirt, two piece long sleeved pajamas and then a blanket sleeper.  I guess my theory is that the blanket sleeper is his "blanket" that he can't kick off.  However, my dh did also cover him with a light blanket last night (by this age I think it is ok). 

DS has had a blanket for a "lovey" since he was 6 months though and has always slept with that (actually both mine have blankets as loveys).  I think that is different than covering them with a blanket because as they roll a blanket used for cover will wrap around instead of a blanket they sleep with as a lovey which is generally balled up and cuddled with.   Just my thoughts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version