Author Topic: Worrying about EASY  (Read 897 times)

Offline Livvy's Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • Lowestoft/England
Worrying about EASY
« on: November 06, 2006, 19:24:08 pm »
I didn't discover The Babywhisperer until my first LO was about 5 months old.  She was a very difficult baby and it took quite some time to establish a decent routine/sleep pattern.  I will admit that the vast majority of the problems were actually caused by me though!  I was a first time mum with absolutely NO experience with babies.  I obssessed about everything and anything and just couldn't relax properly.  Once I'd read the book and allowed myself to relax, everything just fell into place.  My DD is nearly 3 and she is such a good little girl.

Anyway, sorry about that pointless waffle!  I will get to the point now.....

I have had a look over the FAQs but I still feel I need a bit of advice.  I really would really like to BF this baby but I am completely confused about the best way to go about establishing a good milk supply while trying to deveop a routine??  DYKWIM?

In the book, we are told not to feed on demand.  Ever.  Now, I never seemed to be able to read the signs when my DD was a baby and I'm worried I won't be able to to this time.  What if I don't get a satisfactory milk supply through?  How will I know?  My main concern is the first few days.  Generally speaking, how often do babies that are a couple of days old feed and how long for?? 
Sam

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: Worrying about EASY
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 19:29:28 pm »
Hi Sam.
The wonderful thing about BW is that it will forever be evolving, especially as various research becomes available.  You are right, take a peek at some FAQs, but I wanted to point this one out in particular:

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=64627.0

Hopefully that will clarify some concerns.  :-*

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline Livvy's Mum

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • Lowestoft/England
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 15:55:15 pm »
Thanks Rachel.  I've had a quick look at that thread.

I fear I am creating the same problems for myself that I did the first time round.  I'm worrying excessively rather than just going with the flow and just taking the time to try and read the cues.  I think what's making it worse is the fact I'm actually really scared about BF too!  I know it's meant to be the most natural thing in the world but I just 'couldn't' get DD to BF.  Felt kind of embarrassed and like a failure which is why I think I gave up so easily.
Sam

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 16:01:24 pm »
awww sweetie, don't feel like a failure.  You have a great support system here on BW and we'll help you out in any way we can.  Something you may want to do is make contact with a lactation consultant now so you can express your concerns and if down the road you need some one-on-one help, you already have the contact.

:-*

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months