Author Topic: 10 month old schedule  (Read 883 times)

Offline mkoontz

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 07, 2006, 03:53:23 am »
So I'm fairly sure I know the answer to this but just need some reassurance.  My DD wakes at 7 then first nap 9.30 or 10.00 for an hour at the most.  She then doesn't seem to want to go down until 3 pm for her second nap where she sleeps until 4.  She then goes down fine at 7 for bed for the night.  She may wake once, or she might not and that night sleep is fine with me.

My question is... that 4 - 4.5 hour stretch in the middle.  I just need some reassurance that it's OK.  It seems most babies do that at night, but she gets cranky if we do that, and she also doesn't go down well at 2 for a nap.

Any comments would be great.

Offline tiki_mama

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Re: 10 month old schedule
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 09:49:14 am »
Your routine sounds very similar to my DD's (also 10.5 months). She tends to stay awake 3 hours in the morning before her nap and then does about 4 hours in the afternoon before her 2nd nap. Her naps used to be 1.5 hours but are now more likely to be 1 hour each. I'm not worried about this as she's been sleeping 11.5-12 hours at night recently!! lol! She also goes to bed around 7pm no matter what.

It works fine for us and it sounds like it's working for you too, so don't worry  ;)

Offline KathrynK

• spends far too much time on here
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 171
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 09:55:18 am »
hello both
am glad it's not just happening to me! over the last week dd has stretched her middle of the day awake time to 4 hours too. I was putting her down for her pm nap after 3.5 hours and wondering why she was chattering away for ages before dropping off. So we have 3 hours before 1st nap, 4 hours in between and then about 3 hours before bedtime. Her longest A time has always been in the middle of the day, she gets really grumpy if her last A time is more than 3 hours.
Also she is cutting back her naps to 1 hour in the morning but is sleeping near 12 hours at night (before was always 11 hours). Sounds like they are all doing pretty much the same thing!
k x
]

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 10:28:28 am »
that sounds excellent to me. If the babies are happy on it then it works!