Author Topic: Please Help Me!!  (Read 911 times)

Offline cazmilward

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 07, 2006, 11:48:06 am »
Please help!

My little Will is 9 weeks today and I am having some REALY problems with his routine.

Firstly, I am worried about his feeding.  He is only eating between 20 and 24 oz of formula a day.  I have been following easy for 3 weeks and I just can't get the hang of the feeding.

Will never sleeps for more than 30 mins at a time in the day and I can't master the art of getting him back to sleep.

He is still waking up two to three times a night because he is not eating enough throughout the day and he also hasn't learnt yet how to self settle.

I am sat here in tears and I am so depressed I could scream.

Because Will is only having 30 mins sleep he tends to have his activity time before feeding which i know completely throws the point of EASY out of the window.

Please help me ladies as I am at my wits end from hearing Will scream all day and the exhaustion.

Offline Jazmyn

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Please Help Me!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 12:07:43 pm »
I can sympathise having been there myself.  So great big ((((hugs))) to you.

I have been staying with my LO while he falls asleep because of those jolts they experience every ten or twenty minutes or so.  I am finding by sitting by his cot, and keeping my hand on him it seems to give him some security and he then falls into deep sleep easily.  I did it just now, and stayed with him, and although he woke up again after I left the room (I heard him on the monitor) he settled himself back down again and is now fast asleep.

This may or may not work for you but TBH I was doubtful and tried it anyway and it seems to have done the trick.

Also, do you swaddle him when you put him to bed?  Thats also a definite must for my LO or he wont sleep for longer than 20 minutes.

20 - 24 oz of formula for a 9 week old isnt bad, and as long as he is putting on weight you dont have anything to worry about.  In Tracys book it says from 24-32oz for his age range.  My LO is 3 months old and only on about 26oz per day but he is on a richer milk because he is a little piglet.

Try the Nap and Sleep Forums also to help you out.  I have found loads of help on there.

Offline Scrapbooker

• Laura
  • BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 16:32:25 pm »
I offer you hugs too.  The only thing I can say is that keep posting and do wht these girls suggest.  They do work.  The 4S routine is good.  Make sure they are not overstimulated, swaddle and ...is there a spouse in the picture?  If so, you need a break!  Have a good cry, then make a plan for how someone else can give you even a few hours (and get out of the house).  If LO is bottle fed then they can defibitely help.  Also, you can ask the Dr. if they think anything might be wrong to be sure.

Take Care!!
Grace's mom

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 21:15:36 pm »
Cazmilward,

Hugs, I am sorry to hear that you are going through such a rough time.

Please can you post a detailed routine of what a typical day looks like - i.e. E - (Breast / Bottle, how much / how long / one side or both sides), A - what type, how long - S - Wind down routine, swaddle / white noise / pacci etc and for how long.

That way we will be able to get a better idea of what is going on.

Hugs and take care in the mean time.

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline Scrapbooker

• Laura
  • BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 20:38:44 pm »
I hope your day is better today.  My DD is 10 1/2 weeks old and I am still learning new things every day from her and this website (and I've had the book since 3 weeks old).  Please take care!!
Grace's mom