Author Topic: I am at my wits' end with feeding my toddler!!!  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Sabine

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: I am at my wits' end with feeding my toddler!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 17:05:48 pm »
Just chiming in...my lo is going through the same thing.
I have an appt next week with a pediatric dietician to get some more advice on how to deal with this issue though...do you have a dietician you could see for tips??  Your doctor will need to refer you.

Sabine

Offline mari

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 20:39:33 pm »
Can I ask everyone some questions, I am not an expert but I have had a breakthrough with a child that i care for who wouldn't eat anything other than spaghetti Bolognaise when she first came to me.

Where do you children eat?

How much do you think is enough?

The reason I ask these questions is because firstly we all eat together around the table and the little girl I look after was put to eat on her own, she doesn't like this here and won't eat anything at lunchtime if other LO's are asleep, I have to eat with her. She still likes spaghetti bolognaise and I give her this on Wednesday (it's easier for me to have a menu for set days) but she will eat fish fingers, chicken burgers, mashed potato and soup (oh what I can hide in a bowl of soup!!!!!)

She has a very small appetite, even the spaghetti bolognaise that she loves is a smaller portion than Alex's
Also, Alex will eat virtually nothing some days then I can't give her enough other days.  My advice is, however hard it is, don't stress, if they are healthy and have enough energy then let them eat as much as they can.  Making a fuss only makes things worse.  Also, with trying new foods, give them what they are used to and just add a little of something new and if they don't like it don't rule it out, introduce it again a few weeks down the line, they might realise that they like it and it is a little familiar to them as they have seen it on their plate before.
I hope this helps.

binxyboo

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2006, 20:44:21 pm »
Hey Ladies, have you all seen the suppost thread for Moms of picky eaters? There is also a "What did your picky toddler eat today?" one going too!