Author Topic: What is going on?????????????  (Read 597 times)

andibig

What is going on?????????????
« on: November 08, 2006, 12:20:54 pm »
until recently Sasha was always a brilliant sleeper-except for the odd bout of illness and teething which is understandable. but for the past three weeks shes been waking anytime between 1am and 3am. its not every night cos for the first two weeks it was just at the weekend which is when DHs boys come over so we just assumed they were making too much noise when they went to bed (the night wakings were at about 10pm then) so we sent them to bed sep-problem solved.
now since sunday shes been doing this every night.its not a fixed time either when shes wakes up. she has got a little bit of an upset tum but is still eating really well. shes also teething with her 2nd yr molars (at 17mths) but again is generally ok during the day (active etc).
when she has these night wakings shes crying (NOT a mantra cry) and sometimes shes happy for me to just open the door stroke her back and walk out again. other times i have to get her out of the cot, quick cuddle , back in cot then shes straight off to sleep.

i'm not sure if its her routine that needs to change or the way i'm dealing with the night wakings.
her routine is
6.30-7.00-milk
8.30-breakfast
11.30-lunch
12.30-nap for 2 hours
3.00-snack
5.30-dinner
6.30-bath
7.00- milk , brush teeth then bed.
she has juice in between her meals during the day.

her naps are great and she settles her self to sleep at bedtime so i really don't know how to tackle this.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Florencia

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
Re: What is going on?????????????
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 18:43:27 pm »
Her routine looks good to me and the way you're dealing with the night wakings too. It must be teething related since you mention she's having an upset tummy as well. Try with some pain meds 30 mins before bedtime and see if that helps her sleep through.Also check for an illness, cause the upset tummy might be due to a bug which also might be painful in the night and hence the wakings.

HTH and keep us posted!
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake

andibig

Re: What is going on?????????????
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 22:43:13 pm »
thanks for your reply florencia.
i really appreciate your advice as you've helped so many other sleepless mums!!
i'm pretty sure its teething related as well as her routine has pretty much been like this since she dropped down to 1 nap and her sleep was pretty good up until now ::). i am going to make an appt with the Dr's tomorrow as shes had this tummy bug since sunday and i'm pretty sure thats not helping with her sleep either.
DH gave her some Calpol tonight so hopefully that will help i just don't like medicating her all the time.