Author Topic: How to get him to drink more  (Read 1120 times)

Offline woopster

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 398
  • 4 gone...how many more?
How to get him to drink more
« on: November 08, 2006, 17:32:51 pm »
I have a real hard time getting Harry to drink during the day.
He doesn't like milk, juice or squash.  He will drink milkshake from McD's - I have even tried making my own and putting it in a McD's cup with no luck.
He will drink coke but we have that maybe once a month and even then he will only have half a glass as I don't like him drinking too much of it.
Today he got up at 7am and didn't have a drink until 1.45pm!  And I had to make him sit there and drink half a cup. as a result, he only wees once/twice a day and it's very dark yellow, so I know he's not getting enough.
It's not like he doesn't see me drinking during the day - I do.  I always have a glass of water with me.
I don't want to make a battle out of it, but it's beginning to bother me.

Any thoughts?   
Harry: 29 July 2003
Lydia: 28 June 2005
Sam:  28 June 2005
David: 28 June 2005 - 12 August 2005
Daniel: 19 July 2007
That's all folks!
(Well, maybe another girl if I can convince DH!)

Offline dkjokisch

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 43
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 18:01:21 pm »
If he won't drink liquids, can you do an end run around it and feed him liquidy things like soup, jello, and lots of fresh fruit (particularly melon and citrus) and vegetables?  Or alternately offer things like pretzels and unbuttered popcorn at snacktime to make him thirsty?  Have you tried fruity water drinks?  Most are pretty sweet and some are fizzy like Coke.

It's a challenge to keep Maya in enough fluids as she sweats like you would not believe (there are always sweat rings around her head on her sheets), but we just got into the habit of carrying a sippy of water around all day.  Of course now, it gets me trouble if I try to run a quick errand and don't bring a cup.
Deborah
#3 EDD 07/18/09
B 04/14/07 (ds)
M 01/13/05 (dd)