Author Topic: How much A time for 3 month old?  (Read 1000 times)

Offline new_mom_lisa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How much A time for 3 month old?
« on: November 08, 2006, 19:03:30 pm »
Just wonder how much activity time I should give my DS who is 3mos.  I have been giving him 2hrs.  I think this may be too much, but when I try to get him to sleep at 1.5hrs. he puts up a fit.  I have to wait until he gets whiny. 

I have also tried putting him to sleep after one or 2 yawns and rubbing eyes - same thing, he puts up a fit.  So, I go back to waiting about 2hrs. of A time when he gets whiny.

Any advise would be wonderful.
Lisa

Offline calebs mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
  • My two favorite guys!
Re: How much A time for 3 month old?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 19:15:43 pm »
Usually, 2 hrs of activity time is around 4 months old.  However, all babies are different and some can last longer than others.  So, if you feel like 2 hrs is a good amount of time, then go with it.  You know your baby.  If you feel like 2 hrs. is a little too long, then trim it back by 5-10 min and see if that works better.  Just watch his cues, which it sounds like you are doing.  I can't always go by yawns either with my son.  I, like you, wait for the whining and he goes down easier.  Every baby has different ways of letting us know what they need.  It sounds like you are in tune with your son! 
Stephanie- mom to Caleb and baby boy #2 due July 4, 2008