Author Topic: Advice on re-usable nappies  (Read 2741 times)

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
Re: Advice on re-usable nappies
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2006, 21:46:05 pm »
My ds is a super heavy wetter. He is in Motherease and some Little Lambs. He has a nappy with built in booster, plus a terry booster then liner during the day, and a super/extra/ maxi hemp booster at night.

I would give a big thumbs up to Motherease airflow wraps - they are the best.

My ds had a clammy bottom until i bought some fleece liners. They are so cheap (£3 for 6 on ebay, or make them yourself!) and they do an AMAZING job! They wick away all the moisture from his skin so it feel totally dry. In fact he can be wearing a nappy that is soaked, and yet if i press down on the liner it is dry to the touch. Amazing!!
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??

Offline home alone

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 17:24:34 pm »
SallyDom, about the wee pattern & time, you are on the right track.  I still miss a lot of cues but she always has her poo on the potty and I catch her pees a lot.  It's also fun bonding time too.  I really like that we don't waste so much on disposable.  I still use them for daycare, over night & long trips.
monica
http://lb1f.lilypie.com/15Anm5.png" width="400" height="80" border="0" alt="Lilypie First Birthday tickers" />[/url]

Offline SallyDom

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 19:34:29 pm »
she always has her poo on the potty and I catch her pees a lot. 

I know it's a bit of a gross question but do you see your dd straining or do you just know when she usually poo's? Dom often goes quiet and then his whole face scrunches up and he goes bright red as he's straining. I've thought about quickly sitting him on a potty when he starts but I didn't know if it would put him off me suddenly grabbing him and whipping his pants off...I wouldn't know when he was weeing though (except when he hasn't got one on and it goes all over the floor or me!)
Dominic Luke 29/03/06
Isaac (Zac) James 14/11/07

Offline home alone

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 00:58:36 am »
Sallydom, you are on the right track!! That's how I started.  Also, right after nap/sleep they go right away.  She poos+pees as soon as she wakes up.  I also started sign language at the same time as potty.  This really helps.  Also, i have lots of toys & books in a basket beside the potty so, she can relax.  What I learn from EC(elimination communication) is that it's all about teaching them to relax.  My lo signs for potty or after she peed in her nappy.  I heard it also helps to make sh sh sound to associate going to potty with sound.
I think it's great to start early( when they can sit) for them & US!!!
monica
http://lb1f.lilypie.com/15Anm5.png" width="400" height="80" border="0" alt="Lilypie First Birthday tickers" />[/url]