Author Topic: NO DREAMFEED AND WAKING AT 5 FROM HUNGER  (Read 740 times)

Offline weatherlyn

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Lynsey, mum to Luca. South African living in Italy
NO DREAMFEED AND WAKING AT 5 FROM HUNGER
« on: November 10, 2006, 07:35:13 am »
Hello Everyone my DS is 14 weeks old, and i have never dreamfed him, as he suffered from very bad colic, silent reflux for first three months, and 8pm until 2am was the one time i could guarantee sleep. After 2 am feed we would be up all hours with him trying to digest, so did not want to meddle with that sleep period. Am busy transitioning from 3 to 4 hour EASY :

7am E
845 S
2 hour nap
11 am E
1245 S
 1.5hour nap
230 E
1 hour nap
530 E
Then bedtime, bath etc and cluster feed at 7 730 and then to bed.
He is starting to sleep until 5 and waking from hunger. I am feeding him and putting him back to bed until 7, or using pu pd to get him back in crib. Am i doing it right? Do you use pu pd just to get an extra hour out of them before 7 am rise? any suggestions?
Luca, born 1 August 2006. My spirited, lovable little whirlwind.

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: NO DREAMFEED AND WAKING AT 5 FROM HUNGER
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 21:03:38 pm »
If your lo is waking from hunger, I would feed him, treat it as a night feed, keeping the room dark and not having any A time and then putting him back to bed.

At this age it is still quite common for them to wake in the night for a feed.

Are you BF or bottle feeding?  If you are bottle feeding, is your lo draining all of his bottles?  If so it is probably time to add an extra oz to each of them.

Do you think your lo could be going through the 4 month growth spurt?

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline NiknLily

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 82
Re: NO DREAMFEED AND WAKING AT 5 FROM HUNGER
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 21:19:42 pm »
I agree, if hes hungry you have to feed him.  If in the near future you notice the 5am feed effecting his morning appetite or that you think its become a habit then would be the time to use PU/PD to train him to stay asleep that extra hour or so.  Or you could use wake to sleep where you lightly disturb there sleep before there normal wake up time so as to throw off their body clock.  I used PU/PD it took 4 days but it was harsh having screaming baby at 4.30 in the morning, but it did work.