Author Topic: Does anyone Know??????  (Read 1426 times)

Offline leticia

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 10, 2006, 19:27:31 pm »
Hi, Does anyone know if dairy can produce some kind of behavioural problem?????? Every time I give my Lo (9 mo) yogurt she cannot sleep very well, but also I've noticed that she gets cranky and accelerated, I asked my ped, and he told me that it causes discomfort and gas and maybe that's why she can't sleep, but I also can see a change in her behaviour.......
                                                        Lety

binxyboo

Re: Does anyone Know??????
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 20:55:50 pm »
Lo gets really bad mucosy diapers whenever he gets milk, although he tolerates yoghurt okay. He gets super cranky after milk, so he doesn't get it anymore. I imagine if they are in some sort of discomfort that they have every reason to be cranky and aggitated

Offline NikiJ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 164
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 21:42:58 pm »
Hi Lety

What kind of yogurt are you giving her?  Some yogurts are quite high in sugar & that could be whats causing her behaviour.  Just a guess though

Offline leticia

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 16:50:04 pm »
Hi NikiJ, I give her natural yogurt, no flavor, no sugar, mixed with her fruit, but now I'm really thinking it's not worth it.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 18:55:25 pm »
Food allergies/intolerances can DEFINITELY cause crankiness/behavioral issues...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Claire Anne

• Showing Appreciation 29
  • (formerly known as Claire C Mc!!)
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 14:34:49 pm »
 ;)
Actually this all sounds familiar!!
I was breastfeeding my DD and always had trouble trying to get her to take enough, and she used to have the worst wind imaginable!! As in a night feed could be over in 10 mins, but it could take 20 to 30 mins to get the wind out of her - I could hear it and feel it in her tummy. I asked loads of people what it could be - at one stage I thought it might have been due to incorrect latching (although it never hurt) but it was only when she got a tummy bug at around 4 months and all she could or would drink was Dioralyte, that I cottoned on that the milk was the problem. She might drink 4 ounces of expressed milk or formula with a lot of coaxing, but downed 9 ozs of Diorolyte in one go. So I put her on lactose free formula and she was fine after that.
BUT now I am trying to see whether she might be ok to go back on dairy so am giving her yoghurt also - and am too noticing that her sleep is more and more disturbed!! So I am going to have to go back a step again I think!! And I wonder if the behavioural problems you are having might be because her sleep is disturbed?? She might be cranky because of broken sleep - as I always am (and have been for the last couple of YEARS!!!)
Hope I haven't hijacked your thread.......!!!

Niamh - Best small girl in the whole wide world
Amy - 2 1/2 Best big girl in the whole wide world
Éanna - Best boy ever

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 16:44:53 pm »
Claire - you may want to hold off on dairy until one year given past reactions. Also, have you tried dairy free probiotics? They made a big difference in our case...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Claire Anne

• Showing Appreciation 29
  • (formerly known as Claire C Mc!!)
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 08:51:05 am »
 ;D
I hadn't heard of them until now so I will look into it. I have her off yoghurt and all other dairy products again and it is making a difference all right. So yes, I will wait another while before introducing them again. Thanks for the info!!

Niamh - Best small girl in the whole wide world
Amy - 2 1/2 Best big girl in the whole wide world
Éanna - Best boy ever