Author Topic: Various questions!  (Read 2314 times)

binxyboo

Re: Various questions!
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 20:52:23 pm »
Hi Sienna,

Riley nursed until he was 14 months old. I did start to wean at 11 months as I was going back to work. Even though he comes to work with me, it was not going to be possible to lie down and nurse with him whenever. So I pumped for those feeds which he accepted okay after refusing all cups/bottles since he was a few weeks old. He also was a reverse cycle feeder when he got older and more interested in the world around him, so he took in a lot of his nutrition at night. I started to night wean at around 13 months, and now at 15 months he has no night feeds at all. It took a while to get there. In the end I would only nurse for one night waking, and resettle for the rest. I got strict about this as soon as he was taking about 16 ounces during the day.

What does your lo drink during the day? Are you still nursing then? Riley cannot tolerate whole milk, so he drinks calcium and vitamin D enriched rice milk. While he doesn't eat a lot quantity wise, luckily quality wise we are doing good. His fave foods are fruits and vegetables. He can also tolerate yoghurt so that gets in some extra calcium, protein etc.

Have you seen the threads for moms of picky eaters. There are also lots of ideas for foods to try in the "What did your toddler eat today?" thread.

If you are still nursing during the day and lo is getting yoghurt etc, it would seem enough. HTH a little

Offline sl60

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 19:55:34 pm »
Hello Binxyboo, Marina is still nursing during the day. But curiously (i had thought the opposite might happen) she is not asking very much since we started night weaning. We're now on day 5. She went to sleep on her own without me picking her up or rubbing her back and without any crying! I don't really want to wean her completely now, but am afraid she may not be asking enough. Maybe I'll have to pump. But that's another forum.  She was a REALLY good eater  since I started her on cereals at 6 months (she was "asking"). She grabbed the spoon and started feeding herself. I introduced foods very slowly and simply and she ate everything.  She still likes a lot of fruits and vegetables, but on a rotating basis now. It's hard to know if it's a banana day or a kiwi day.  She doesn't like citrus however. She basically drinks water. And my milk. Sometimes she drinks milk. Perhaps I should try rice milk. She does usually (today no) eat yogurt. I try to add parmesan cheese wherever I can as it has a lot of calcium.  Anyway I'm hoping it's just a phase. She's abviously growing as I just bought her new shoes today as she went from a euro size 21 to 23 (!) in 2 1/2 months.

binxyboo

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 20:08:49 pm »
Well, sounds like she is thriving anyway! How many times a day is she nursing now? The picky eating does seem to be common at least. I hang out on the picky eaters thread!

binxyboo

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 04:01:41 am »
Just wondering how Marina is doing?