Author Topic: Not drinking enough  (Read 1126 times)

Offline suca

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • ~Suz~
Not drinking enough
« on: November 12, 2006, 18:39:31 pm »
I'm beginning to really worry about the amount my 2 year old drinks.  At home he would have about 3 drinks on the go all day and would drink yogurt drinks and a cup of milk before bed time.  At creche it has always been a different story, they get their juice at certain times of the day but he always came home with half of the juice still in his sippy cup.  I didn't worry too much and just made sure he had plenty to drink when he got home but over the last week or so it has really got worse. 

At creche he comes home with more than 3/4 of his juice left and even at home he is not interested.  I can sometimes get him to take small amounts in his 'big boy' cup but even today that was a real struggle, every time I offered he said no.

He does eat a lot of fruit which obviously has a high water content but I'm really getting worried about it now..his skin is really dry and his nappys although wet are not really really wet.

I have tried all sorts of cups, straws etc, praised him for drinking.. any more suggestions??

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Re: Not drinking enough
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 20:25:28 pm »
Just off the top of my head... Ice lollies or sorbet, jelly or smoothies might be different enough to drinking for him to enjoy taking fluids.. as is soup...

Have you tried allowing him to chose a special cup from the shops to have his drink in? It might encourage him to use a very special cup more often.