Author Topic: Two Year Molars and Food  (Read 5833 times)

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Two Year Molars and Food
« on: November 12, 2006, 21:58:00 pm »
Our ds is almost 2 1/2 years old.  He is getting two of his molars right now.  He has always been a picky eater, but we had made great strides until these darn teeth.  I guess it seems we are going backward.  I hope that its just because his mouth bothers him.  Anybody elses kid not want to eat when the molars came in.  Things he usually inhales he says "No eat mom". I am getting frustrated and don't want to be. These teeth are taking forever!  At one point there was a blister on top of one but it has gone away.  Motrin doesn't help with eating but has helped with sleeping.  For awaile he was waking up, but that has gone.
Julie

binxyboo

Re: Two Year Molars and Food
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 22:09:30 pm »
So sorry to hear this. Riley is only 15 months, but went off everything with his first year molars. I have heard the 2nd year molars are the worst. Hugs xx

Offline NikiJ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 164
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 23:05:13 pm »
Hi Julie

dd had a few days teething a couple of weeks ago & she went off her food abit, which is odd for her coz she always eats even when sick.  I think the 2yr molars just hurt abit more.

Niki

lilmonkey

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 12:13:07 pm »
Yep. We are going through them right now.  DD's eating has suffered so much for the last two months. But there are days when she would eat like crazy and then stop.  I'm back to giving her lots of ice and ice cream.  The dentist confirmed that the last set of molars are coming in.

Hope we all make through this stage quickly.

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 15:18:11 pm »
Thanks for your replies, it makes me feel better to know others have kids that are affected so much by teeth too. 
Lil'monkey:
You mentioned the last two months, and that is what it has been for us as well.  These teeth are SLOW!  For our ds it has been yogurt/milk/soft things. It just seems like his appetite is low compared to normal. Congrats on your pregnancy, we are about the same number of weeks along.  We just recently found out we were PG too. 
Julie

Offline NikiJ

• Showing Appreciation 164
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 22:24:58 pm »
Yup definately a long process.  I give Madi fruit juice pops when her teeth are playing up or even just an ice cube (she loves the fact that they slip & slide) & that always helps

lilmonkey

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 15:28:24 pm »
Julie, congrats to you too.  How are you feeling?  I'm so excited that I'm having another one but dealing with dd and her teething pain is sometimes just too exhausting.  I'm so tired of making her her favorite foods and not have them eaten.  I think that I will try offering soups and hope that she will eat/slurp them as its the only kind of food I can eat without feeling sick.  ;)

Imagine, we will be going through all this again in a few years! ;D

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 19:47:31 pm »
Its funny because I was just feeling the same way - so TIRED of going out of my way to make the things that are the favorites to have him not eat...........lunch was yogurt -no chewing involved ::)  As far as being pregnant I am feeling okay, sometimes sick to my stomach and lots of foods are grossing me out!  Its like nothing I eat hits the spot, besides ice cream (real good I know).  Last night DH said - ice cream already?? Like I am not far enough along to eat ice cream yet - whatever! ;D  I am just hoping that we get through these teeth and back to my normal child before Christmas time - he is picky enough without the whole molar issue. I am feeling tired sometimes, are you feeling tired at all? 
Julie

lilmonkey

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 21:10:36 pm »
Oh ice cream.... I wish that I can have ice cream.  I love ice cream but I can't have more than a lick lately, just like the last pregnancy :( .  I am so tired that by 8 pm, I want to go to sleep but can't till about 10 pm.  Then the bad thing is I tend to wake up at about 3 - 4 am and can't fall back to sleep.   ::) 

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 22:22:17 pm »
Funny because I have had problems sleeping too.  I have woken up a couple times around 3 or 4 and I can't get back to sleep either for what seems like a couple hours and by then ds is ready to get up.  I have heard of pregnancy insomnia and read a bit about it.  But hopefully it will pass soon. Something to do with our changing hormones. 
Julie

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 19:34:42 pm »
Okay the teeth are through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Eating is getting better. Ate all his dinner - steak/potatoes/corn.  He hasn't wanted to chew meat in like 2 months!  Good Gracious!
Julie

lilmonkey

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 16:21:46 pm »
Yay!!!!

Offline evanskimberley

• Showing Appreciation 118
  • Kent, GB
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 19:19:27 pm »
Glad things are better. We're having the same problems. She was a great eater till the summer, now we live on a diet of junk cos that is all she will eat! When the teeth have cut it goes back to normal (ish) so I'm just riding it out, only one more to go!!!!!
Holly will eat fish fingers and waffle, eggs and sandwiches and thats about it!
Kimberley

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 18:02:09 pm »
I know exactly what thats like.  I think we are getting back to normal (ish) too.  We also have one more molar to go before we are through the woods.
Julie

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 15:37:47 pm »
Okay I spoke too soon the last molar is coming through :'(
Julie

Offline evanskimberley

• Showing Appreciation 118
  • Kent, GB
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 23:38:43 pm »
same here, but I'm hopeful that this may mean we'll get it through before Christmas? So I can draw a line under this and start 2007 as we mean to go on!
Kimberley

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 01:08:52 am »
No Kidding!  So Tired of teeth!  Hope we can have a pleasant Christmas that includes my ds eating like normal, is that too much to ask?
Julie