Author Topic: TEETHING EXPERTS OUT THERE  (Read 5464 times)

Offline finlays mam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 24
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 22:02:40 pm »
Hi Gemmah, with the regards to the quantities of calpol and nurofen it is very clear on the bottles and going by you lo's weight the suggested dosage of a spoonful works out to be correct and you can give them both 4 -6 hourly.  Calpol comes with a plastic spoon and if i remember correctly and nurofen comes with an oral syringe.  Just to add, if your little one suffers with asthma or kidney problems check with your GP before giving nurofen as it is contraindicated with both of these conditions.  The other thing to say is you could give both medicines together initially to 'load' your lo up and then alternate them to maintain a 'steady' comfort level but it depends on how uncomfortable your lo is at the time.  Hope this helps

Debbie x
Debbie

Offline gemmah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • CUTIE
Re: TEETHING EXPERTS OUT THERE
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 09:28:59 am »
Hello, I have given her  both medicines (but not together) before, however i will keep this in mind when she is really poorly.

Thank you :)

Offline Lucas & Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Houston, we have a problem!!!
Re: TEETHING EXPERTS OUT THERE
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 10:04:04 am »
Anbesol is a liquid anesthetic for teething, mouth ulcers, sore gums, it is safe for babies and has instructions on use for babies, you dab the liquid onto your finger and wipe across the sore spot - instant anesthetic, fantastic!
I put a bit on my tongue first to try it out and my tongue went slightly numb - much more effective than the gells.

Thanks for the tip - have gone out and got some this morning - hopefully will give LO (and me ) some much needed relief :)
Emma T x