Author Topic: 10m old Opera singing  (Read 3490 times)

Offline torontomamma

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • A day at the beach!
Re: 10m old Opera singing
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 12:21:40 pm »
Hey Zoey and other fabulous mods,

Seems that Grace is doing the same thing, but instead of opera singing, it's more like moan/low scream.  When I go in, she is not awake, I usually reposition (as she is up on knees or cramed against bars), give paci, cover with blanket and leave.  I think that I need to stop giving paci, before it becomes a prop (again!).  Once she was even on her knees holding onto the bars but still asleep.  Last night she woke about 4-5 times, I think she is teething also, but no signs of teeth yet (she is due for her top middle two).  She also woke at 5:15am today ready to start the day.

Has switching the naps worked?  Maybe I will try that.  Not sure what else to do, but I am only getting 1.5-2 hrs sleep in a row, and it's starting to take it's toll (so tired today, and have an exam on Tues)

Any other ideas?

Many Thanks,
Jaime
Jaime - Toronto, Canada

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline torontomamma

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • A day at the beach!
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 12:27:38 pm »
I should also add, that our schedule is pretty much identical to yours... if that helps any ???
Jaime - Toronto, Canada

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Missy Lou

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 138
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 17:11:19 pm »
since owen is a little older than grace, do you think she could be overtired?  and that's causing her to wake a lot at night and early?  owen may be able to stay up a bit longer than grace.  i noticed with my LO, even 15 minutes mean overtired addison. 
melissa

Offline becky1969

• Showing Appreciation 230
  • my favorite thing
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2006, 19:14:12 pm »
My Owen is also doing a similar thing! The other morning, around 5 am, I could hear him sort of making this trips up and down the scale. I thought he was awake and practicing using his voice (he's been singing scales during the day too). But he was sort of in the position you describe: face planted in the mattress, on his knees, little hiney in the air. But sound asleep! I readjusted him, and he just slept for another 2.5 hours. Weird! He's also taken to having nightmares too where he'll wake SOBBING, but he's not truly awake, you go in, settle him, and he just rolls over and falls asleep. I have to wonder if it's something to do with REM/non-REM, and they have their dreams a little closer to the surface - almost like sleep talking? - but since they don't talk, they sing!

Last night Owen slept thru the night for the first time in ages, and I'm wondering if it was b/c he took a short AM nap instead of a long one. He's taking a 1.5 hour AM nap right now, so we'll see if that changes his night sleep today.
Owen, 12/28/05 7 lb 2 oz

Enjoying the toddler years!

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2006, 19:43:01 pm »
Hey Becky!

Yeah I am not sure what all the singing is about LOL.  The early wakings have been cured (for the most part) by shortening the AM nap to 45-60m and the PM nap 1h15m-1h30m.  He still wakes singing sometimes I just turned the monitor down and try and ignore it (as lovely as the singing is).  I totally think the singing is developmental as there are a bunch of babies around 10-11m doing this LOL.  My Owen is about to walk - started cruising the furniture lastely so I think its related to that perhaps.

Let me know how it goes.

Jaime - how are things going over with you hunny?

...its what you do when you get back up.

Offline becky1969

• my favorite thing
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2006, 15:47:41 pm »
Last night was awful for us, so today I'm limiting that AM nap to 1 hour. I hate waking him from naps - in the past when I've done that, it's bitten me in the butt with an overtired bub by bedtime. But, I think it's worth a try. He'll totally sleep 2-2.5 hours in the AM if I let him! That would be find if he could make it until bedtime after that, but he definitely still needs a PM nap. He just LOVES his naps!  ;D And so do I! So neither of us enjoys waking him!  ;)
Owen, 12/28/05 7 lb 2 oz

Offline Zoey

• Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2006, 16:01:41 pm »
Well, it was nice for a few days to wake at 7am :-\  Now he is not singing at all, but waking at 6am again. 

Regardless of the wake time I am doing a nap at 10 for an hour, and a nap at 230-3pmish for an hour and 15m.  I honestly do not think he can handle any less sleep then this, in fact I am sure he needs more day sleep because he is a bit cranky.  Yes, I can see the left first molar and yes he is umcomfy by it but I really don't think the teething has anything to do with the waking because he is sleeping through the night and naps.  He loves sleep.

Maybe I should try that wake to sleep job - whatcha think bout that idea?  He is still tired when he wakes at 6am b/c I go in (he is crying, so I have to go in) and re adjust everything and he goes back to sleep for a bit.

I feel like I am missing something here and I am frustrated.  I know he can do 3-4h before his first nap, 4h before his second and 3-4h before bedtime.  I just can't figure out how to fit that all in.  I also don't get why he was sleeping til 7am last week and now he isn't!

This morning he woke at 6am I re adjusted him, he slept til 630am and we got up and played in the dark in my bed til 7am, he fell asleep on the floor in the living room at 830am and I let him sleep til he wanted which was 1h and 55m.  Now he is the happiest he has been in a week.  He seems all over the place.  What am I missing? 

Zoe

Offline Zoey

• Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 19:01:13 pm »
Ahhhhh!  Nothing is the same two days in a row!  I haven't done w2s because of that!  Sunday he did 4h of day sleep (fell asleep on the floor both naps) and slept 12h at night.  next day 2h of day sleep and 11h at night.  This morning he woke 45m after his AM nap, that was waking at 630 and going down for the nap at 1015am.

I think there is no sense to any of this and I just have to roll with the punches!!  This molar sucks too, it just sucks lol.

Offline Zoey

• Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 23:56:03 pm »
I don't think so, I offer 8oz each AM and he only takes 6oz - breakfast is his worst meal.   I give him 2oz in a sippy at each snack time and I offer 10oz before his bath - he usually takes it all.  So that's 20 now.  I increased this 10days ago I think - he would drink 32oz plus of formula if I let him, but then his solids goes down.

So today he woke at 630am, napped 45m - then 1h45m for the second and I put him down at 7pm cause I thought he was gonna fall asleep in the tub.  I don't know!  Could the molar be making him tired?  Can I take the molar out by any chance?  We will see how tomorrow goes, it isn't boring that's for sure!

Thanks,
Zoey

Offline Zoey

• Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2006, 02:44:58 am »
Lol I do now!

I think I forget because he is mine.  I am an idiot when it comes to Owen.

Offline becky1969

• my favorite thing
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2006, 21:58:26 pm »
Zoey - our babies share more than their names! I was JUST going to post something about teething and being extra tired, so I'm glad I saw this convo between you and Stacy! Owen is always extra sleepy when teething, and I usually have to put him down for naps 30 minutes earlier than normal. But I'm having so much trouble finding the bedtime sweetspot! I'm going to try 2.5 hours of A time before bed, and see how that works. Last night we did 2h15, and he wasn't tired enough yet.

It's never dull, that's for sure! Can you feel the molar yet?
Owen, 12/28/05 7 lb 2 oz

Offline Zoey

• Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2006, 00:06:38 am »
Lol Becky Im am so glad Im not alone!  Yes, it poked through like all four corners and now its kinda just haulted LOL.  Today we did 3h up, 1.5h nap, 3h up, 1.5h nap, 3h up, bed.  Hw woke at 655am which was a treat, but was up hmm 4 times at night with pain.  Poor bub!

Its so hard to figure things out LOL.  Owen is walking too right?!? 

Offline becky1969

• my favorite thing
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2006, 00:13:04 am »
He's cruising furniture, and using a walker but isn't taking any solo steps yet. But boy can that kid cruise the furniture! He starts in one corner of the room and sort of swings from item to item like a monkey to move around! I'll blink, and he's made it into the other room!

I can't feel our molars yet. Glad your Owen's mostly done! We're waking at night from pain too. Mostly, he just has 1 waking about 1 hour after the Tylenol wears off. We give him some more, a bottle, and then he generally sleeps until morning - sometimes moans and groans in his sleep, but other than that seems to be Ok. He's also taken to waking at 8-8:30 am, which I'm pretty darn thrilled with. I'm sure it's temporary, though. We'll be back to the 7 am wake-up as soon as these stupid teeth are done!

Are you as done with teeth as me? Owen got his first 2 at 4.5 and 5.5 months old. then he got the last 6 between 8-10 months. Each tooth takes 2 stinking weeks to come in! Almost to the day! He's such a little textbook kid!
Owen, 12/28/05 7 lb 2 oz

Offline Zoey

• Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2006, 00:43:14 am »
I am TOTALLY done with teething - he started at 6m - so got 8 teeth from 6m to 10m, and at 10m started the molar... INSANE!  I feel like all I give him is Tylenol!

I hope it ends for both Owen's soon LOL.

HUGS

Offline becky1969

• my favorite thing
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 19:53:43 pm »
Me too!!  ;D

Hey, do you mind if I ask how you like the walker thing in that picture of Owen? Right now we have this Stride-to-ride car that he can sort of use as a walker, but I'm wondering if a more classic push sort of toy might be better. He loves pushing that car around, and now he's taken to pushing our folding chairs around too! It's so cute - like he's driving the furniture!  ;D
Owen, 12/28/05 7 lb 2 oz