Author Topic: Allergic to veggies!!  (Read 1078 times)

Offline SAHNE

• Proud momma to Carter, Turner, and one angel baby!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • The two little beasties who have stolen my heart!
Allergic to veggies!!
« on: November 13, 2006, 20:10:57 pm »
Ds is 7.5 months... tried squash and sweet potatoes at 5 months... broke out in rash.  Tried again at 6 months as advised by dr. and same reaction.  Tried pears around 6.5 months... no reaction... tried bananas... slight reaction to jarred... gave them raw... vomited up an hour later and his next bottle....added peaches last week... no reaction.  Tried carrots for 3 days.... began breaking out again.  Does this mean all veggies are bad or are these 3 related?  Would it be ok to try green beans?  I have a list of foods to introduce to allergenic infant and the fruits are limited (only others to try are apricots, nectarines and blueberries - which I can't find in jars or fresh).  Not sure what to do next.  Apples/prunes are stage1... but my list says not until 9 months.  The drs. have said wait on grains.  Help!!
Steph
-Steph

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Allergic to veggies!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 11:40:10 am »
You might have better luck with green beans - worth a try, as are peas. I think Gerber Organic makes pear/blueberry mix but it's not easy to find.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline SAHNE

• Proud momma to Carter, Turner, and one angel baby!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • The two little beasties who have stolen my heart!
Re: Allergic to veggies!!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 19:35:01 pm »
Thanks, will try!
Steph
-Steph