Author Topic: Late sleeper  (Read 686 times)

Offline Qaytbey

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Late sleeper
« on: November 14, 2006, 00:23:45 am »
First, apologies.... I posted this on the EASY sample routines pages, I am sure that this is a much better place for it!

I am both new to this website and new to being a Mum, so am looking for a bit of advice/reassurance.  I have been starting my 7 week old on EASY, with  a fair degree of success.  BUT she does go to sleep much later than most of the babies described here - bath at midnight, followed by a feed and she is usually asleep by 1am.  Should I be trying to get her to bed and sleep earlier?  The good news is that she generally sleeps though the night.  We usually wake her at 8.15am for her first feed.

Any thoughts/suggestions most welcome!

binxyboo

Re: Late sleeper
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 02:10:48 am »
Wow, a bath at midnight! I would do a bath no later than 6pm. Sorry, will post more later

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: Late sleeper
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 22:05:40 pm »
I would definitely suggest a bedtime of no later than about 7:30 - Bath at around 6:00pm, then bottle and bed.

You could do cluster feeds - 1st cluster at around 5:00 / 5:30 after cat nap and then bath as A time and then second clusterfeed after the bath, and then in bed by 7:00 / 7:30.

The clusterfeed will help your lo tank up and then you could offer a dreamfeed at around 10:00pm.

Can you post your current routine, so that we can help you get established on EASY and allow you to have some Y time for yourself.

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007