Author Topic: "A" time question  (Read 646 times)

Offline lmill068

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 14, 2006, 17:39:25 pm »
Is the A time from the moment they awake from their nap to when they go down next or is it counted from when they feed?

For example, my 6 month old son gets up at 6:30 a.m.  He should be doing 2.5-3 hours of awake time, so he should go down for his first nap at 9:00/9:30?  Is this correct?  What if he only sleeps 30-45 min at that nap (which he typically does) ...  When should his next nap be?  I also do not feed him until 10:30 regardless of his 30 min cat nap.

Offline Grace's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
Re: "A" time question
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 17:53:58 pm »
You count from when they woke up.

My dd is 7.5 months old and stays awake 2-2.5 hours (3 would be stretching it for her).  When she only takes a 30 minute nap, I put her down 2-2.5 hours later.  I try and keep feedings at around the same time but if she wakes after 30 minutes I sometimes  have to adjust a bit here or there.  Since she turned 6 months the routine went haywire and now our routine is based on when she last woke up from bed time and all naps.  Crazy, but you don't want them to get overtired.  You should come join us on the March/April 2006 Birth Club under E.A.S.Y.  You will see 2 sections....go to #2.  We talked so much that we had to start a second thread.  We would love to have you on there.  Lots of nap issues at the moment for some of our lo's. 

Melissa
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/