Author Topic: everythings gone haywire - help!  (Read 2117 times)

Offline deemum

• www.anfeirmbeag.com
  • BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: everythings gone haywire - help!
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 13:22:18 pm »
on friday night she went back to waking at 5, tried not to feed her but she got really upset which is not like her. the only thing i had changed on friday was i had just found out that ur not supposed to cluster feed past 8 weeks so i didn't give a top up after the bath. Saturday we had a wedding which she was very good for, again i didn't cluster and she woke at 5. i thought it might be habitual and tried not to feed but her little tummy was rumbling so i did. she had a very cross day sunday with hardly any naps so i tried the cluster again and she slept through. today again she seems over tried and had two 45 min naps. when she woke very upset from the last one i fed her, did 15 mins of a and put her back down, has gone the hour this time. hope this sorts her out, its very unfair on her that we keep having weddings and things to go to, hope it calms down for a few weeks now!
Dee

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: everythings gone haywire - help!
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 19:53:12 pm »
Dee,

If the clusterfeeding is working for you I would not stop this.

A lot of lo's still cluster feed when they are 7 - 8 months old, some even older - it just enables them to tank up more in the evening.  You will know when this is affecting her intake when she starts to take less of her morning bottle as she is not hungry.

Try putting her down a few minutes earlier for each nap today to see if you can help her catch up on a bit of sleep.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007