Author Topic: Night weaning  (Read 635 times)

Offline sl60

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: November 15, 2006, 19:47:28 pm »
Hello and thanks to all who've given me help and support. We're now at day 6 of weaning dd from breast to sleep. She must have been ready, because it's really been fairly easy. She doesn't cry at all when she's put in her crib. She only wakes up once. and the time to get her back to sleep is shortening. I guess I'm doing gradual transition. The first night I had to PU/PD a lot, rub back, shhhhh, everything. Tonight I just touched her back as she stirred a little almost asleep and mostly I stood back from her crib and even went in and out of the room a few times- it only took ten minutes for her to sleep. Questions: When/how should I try to transition to my not being there at all? Should I continue like this gradualy distancing myself? Or should I change to WI/WO? I haven't tackled naps yet. I try to organize the day so that I go out with car or stroller when she should nap. I confess that today I nursed her for afternoon nap because I was really tired. When/how should I go for the naps as well?

Offline Florencia

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
Re: Night weaning
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 19:50:31 pm »
I think is time to tackle the naps as well since she's doing so great at night time. If you decide to go for naps now, i think it's better for you to still stay with her for a week more, so she won't feel such a change. Congrats on a great job and keep us posted!
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake