Author Topic: 7.5 Month Old Now Waking ???  (Read 2730 times)

Offline Jenifer

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Re: 7.5 Month Old Now Waking ???
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 19:55:07 pm »
No, I haven't given her anything yet (I'm assuming you're meaning Motrin or Tylenol).  She's not really crying in pain or anything like that.  However, I can tell she's sensitive where her teeth will come in because when she bites down on it she will let out a whimper - but only then.  Do you think I should be giving her pain reliever anyhow or wait until she tells me she's in pain?

How long will this last if it is teeth coming?  This seems to be SO slow going.  My friend's LO's had one or two bad days and then the tooth cut.  My DD has been like this for awhile.    :-\
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 20:01:45 pm by Jenifer »
DD - March 2006

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 23:34:33 pm »
Hard to say how long it will last. My DS takes a terribly long time as well. Their teeth can go up and down before they actually come through.  :-\   It all depends on the LO.

I would try giving some Motrin at night and see if that helps her sleeping.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline Jenifer

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2006, 01:04:31 am »
For the past couple of nights I've had the Mortin ready to go incase she wakes up in pain, but she hasn't gotten up.  (Thank God!)  I'll keep my fingers crossed for tonight again .. ;)

Thank you - you've been a lot of help.

ps: love the pic of your LO with his yellow jammies with the trap door on the bottom!    :)
DD - March 2006

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2006, 16:41:21 pm »
You're quite welcome, I hope that it continues for you!

PS: I love those jammies too  ;D
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline ATCgirly

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 11:19:49 am »
Wow, it has been a while since I last posted!

Jenifer, I am going through EXACTLY the same thing!! My DD is now 7 months old and has went from a 11-12 hour sleeper to waking anywhere from 1-5 times per night. This all began when my hubby left for Afghanistan, then the time changed, then I went back to work. Needles to say, I am sucking down more caffiene than I should to stay alert at work. It's sooooo hard!!! I understand 100% where you are coming from! I'll be keeping up with this post to see if I may pull some tips from it. I just don't know what to do with my sweet LO to help her get the sleep she needs...oh, for mommy sleep, too!   :-\

Offline Jenifer

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 14:42:56 pm »
Well, I really thought it was her teeth (because she had all the "teething" symptoms) .. but still no teeth.  I realize they can take a long time to finally cut but can they mess with her sleep for WEEKS and still no show?  Oh Lord, if they're all like this I've got a rough year ahead of me!    :-\ 

She is back to sleeping through the night.  Napping like crap and waking at 6:30 am pretty consistently now though (used to be 7:15 - 7:30 am).  She's waking early, but not sounding real awake.  Little sighs and mumbles then silence for about 5 - 10 minutes, then more noise .. slowly getting more and more awake as time goes on.  Problem is, when she does this I don't know when to put her down for her nap because I don't know when she really woke up.  I've been putting her down around 9:45 - 10:00 am (assuming she's finally awake around 7:00 - 7:15 am) and she's napping short - probably because she's overtired.  However, if I put her down earlier she'll only nap 45 minutes and not go back down (assuming she's not tired enough?).  ???  Her second nap has been real short (30 minutes) for about a week - maybe because of the crappy first nap? 

I feel like we veered of the road or something ... and can't find our way back!  ???
DD - March 2006

Offline ATCgirly

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 00:17:20 am »
Jenifer, as for the naps, my LO has NEVER been a good napper and it's impossible to try and help the problem now with me working and the hubby away. I feel your pain. It's quite the struggle.  :-\