Author Topic: Not a glitch. How to I "uncheck" messages?  (Read 2874 times)

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 151
Not a glitch. How to I "uncheck" messages?
« on: September 25, 2006, 16:47:06 pm »
I have some messages that I just don't want to see all the responses any longer.  Is there a way to "uncheck" these so they don't have to be tracked and sorted to show me?  It's probably something really simple and I just can't figure it out!

TIA!
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline ryan's mum

• Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
Re: Not a glitch. How to I "uncheck" messages?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 17:09:03 pm »
go into your profile and click email notifications on the left , it will bring up the list you are currently being notified on , uncheck the ones you don't want anymore
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline nursekat

• Showing Appreciation 55
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 04:25:34 am »
What if I am not getting email notifications on topics, but I don't want them listed under "Show new replies to your posts?"  As in, I posted 2 months ago but no longer am interested in reading that thread and don't want it to show up when I click on the "Show new replies" link?

Offline Gareth - Harvey & Theo's Dad

• Mac Daddy
  • Showing Appreciation 218
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 06:34:55 am »
What if I am not getting email notifications on topics, but I don't want them listed under "Show new replies to your posts?"  As in, I posted 2 months ago but no longer am interested in reading that thread and don't want it to show up when I click on the "Show new replies" link?

The only way around this is to go into each Topic you no longer want listed under Show new replies and delete every message you've posted in there.  This can upset make the content of the thread difficult to follow though, so I would only recommend it if you can be sure that the removal of your posts within that thread don't upset the flow of it.
Gareth

Harvey - 18 Nov 2003

Theo - 24 Dec 2005

Offline nursekat

• Showing Appreciation 55
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 06:44:54 am »
oof, that would take forever!  :D  I will just read the ones I want, then click on the mark all as read button.  Thanks for your help though, love the new avatar pics! 

Offline texasmom

• Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 12:10:14 pm »
i had the same question!  i wish there were a way to do it.  :)  nursekat, hope you are doing well!