Author Topic: 21 month old refusing anything I give her  (Read 1125 times)

Offline kiersten's mom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
21 month old refusing anything I give her
« on: November 18, 2006, 01:30:36 am »
My dd has always been a good eater but now is refusing to eat anything that I give her and if she does eat it, it is always the same thing. I can get her to eat eggs (scrambled/french toast), ham and cheese sandwhich (ham and cheese not the bread), yogurt, crackers, some fruit and pasta with cheese. She does eat some meat like chicken and ham but some days she will not. Does anyone have any food ideas or advice on how I can get her to eat more? I am running out of ideas and feel awful about giving her the same food everyday.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: 21 month old refusing anything I give her
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 02:10:10 am »
Sounds like a toddler & infact they like to eat the same thing time & time again, they like the consistencey of it & it makes them feel safe.
I offer the same thing to both mine day in day out, but add a different (new) thing as well to see if they will try it... I offer the same new things every second day for about 2 weeks then if it hasn't been tried stop & move on.
Toddlers are "supposed" to be picky eaters & if you look at what they eat over a week (& you offer healthy balanced choices) they actually do eat a balanced diet.
I don't think you should try to get her to eat more variety or quantity, but accept that she is choosing what she wants to eat.
Trust me we went through a point where my ds#1 ate  less than 10 different foods, but they included meat, cereal, fruit & veg + dairy so I just accepted it (he was eating from each food group) as in a week he ate 7-10 apples (often 3-4 in one day) etc ... I was the same as a child & eat nearly everything now
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05