Author Topic: Repeated Infections linked to Allergies?  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Repeated Infections linked to Allergies?
« on: November 18, 2006, 01:52:06 am »
Mo son is now 15 months old.  At 8 mos old, he hasd a severe allergic reaction to amoxillion (antibotic) and had an allergy test done at 9 mos. old.  It showed him allergic to Soy, Dust Mites, Pet Dander, Mold Spores, and Oak Tree Pollen.

For the past 2 months he has had an infection and we have tried 3 different antibotics and now he is taking the 4th antibotic by a series of shots. 

Could his repeated infections be linked to an underlying allergy that we are missing?

Since September he has had an ear infection, then an infection (was not srue what it was, white blood cell count was high), then a double ear infection and now another infection (not sure what it is, white blood cell count is high).

Any thoughts?  Thanks, Wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

shimzy

Re: Repeated Infections linked to Allergies?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 02:42:49 am »
My son had alot of ear infections his first year of life. Looking back we blame alot of things.

Fast fowarding a few years we started giving him acidophilus and different things to help restore the good bacteria that was destroyed with the countless rounds of antibiotics he was on.

He has since been "cleared" of all allergies but we also cleaned his diet up. No dairy, no wheat, no preservatives, no food colouring, no sugar.

Its worth looking into a few books about allergies and their food connection and the damage that antibiotic treatments cause.

Dont get me wrong, antibiotics are needed when necessary, sometimes we forget though that the body still has to recoup from the damage that it causes.

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 21:39:23 pm »
We too went through a similar phase - Our DS was on antibiotics 9/10 times in the span of 3 months.  He was constantly having ear infections and tonsillitis.

We cut out the cows milk and things seemed to improve.  Once he was all cleared up, we slowly introduced cows milk back into his diet and fingers crossed / touch wood he has not been on antibiotics in over two months now.

Just wanted to send you hugs, as I know exactly what you have been going through.

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 02:07:12 am »
Paula:  Thanks

My son drinks pediasure now because they are concerned about his weight, but I am waiting for his allergy test to come back (blood) and then talk about other options.

Thanks, Wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 20:40:47 pm »
Hi Wendy,

Keep us posted on how he is getting on.

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007