Author Topic: night wakings!  (Read 959 times)

Offline nisha31

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 20, 2006, 10:13:08 am »
Please help! Will my lo ever sleep throught the night??

How old is your child? 14 weeks
What’s his/her daily routine? up 7.30am
What’s nap routine? rock tp sleep swaddled
How long are naps? can be up to 2hrs or only half an hour
What's bedtime routine? Time? bath, bottle, bed bath routine at 7.45ish
Do you bottle or breastfed?? bf ( bottle at night)
How much? or how long? 20 mins to 40 mins
If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed) after 20 mins change to other breast
How many wakes per night? 4/5
What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? small cries, thrashing head side to side! wakes, i then bf for 10-15 mins then she sleeps
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry? crying and fussing
What have you tried to settle?? cbw, dummy, sh pat
What do you do for A time and how long is it? bf 10-15 mins
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones?no
Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months)no
Do they have a prop? If so what is it? i think i have become the prop and the bf
Do they have a lovie? no

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: night wakings!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 16:53:10 pm »
Your baby really isnt that old so havign one night feed at this age is not unheard of.

Do you always rock to sleep?  That could be the culprit.  If you do then when she wakes in the middle of the night she will need you to help her back to sleep. 

Also does she take a full feed in the night or just snack?

Offline nisha31

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 20:47:16 pm »
Thanks for the reply, She only snacks really at nightime, she feeds for about 10 mins. After that i wind her and put her down so I dont rock her at nighttime. During the day I rock her to sleep though.
Today when I put her down for her nap she woke after about 20 mins and was crying but I dint go to her and she went back to sleep by herself. This is the first time that she has done this though, normally I do have to rock her to get her back to sleep.
Going forward with the naps though I will try and let her settle herself unless she throws a complete wobbly!

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: night wakings!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 04:34:20 am »
Try doing pat/shush rather then the rocking and see if she can settle that way. U wouldn't recomend you leave her to cry, that will only confuse her and make things worse in the long run. However, if she is fussing, whining, or talking then do leave her be and see if she settles. As soon as she cries though go to her.
At night when she wakes what does she do? have you tried waiting to see if she would go back to sleep?
be consitent with night and day, if you want to not rock, then don't rock for either.
Kimberly