Author Topic: 1st alergic reaction, maybe?  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Grace's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
1st alergic reaction, maybe?
« on: November 21, 2006, 14:12:43 pm »
We tried black beans a few days ago.  On the 2nd day her checks turned bright pink and it hasn't gone away.  We only gave her the black beans 2 days since we thought she might be allergic. Everything else she ate those two days she had had many time before. She was also eating solids a bit funny.  When I would put the food in her mouth she would push it to the center of her tongue, open her mouth and gag a bit, trying to get it out of her mouth.  She has eating better since, but I have never had an allergic reaction and neither has she so I wasn't sure if these were signs of a possible reaction.  No fever or anything else....just pink cheeks. 
-The 3 days prior we tried red potatoes for the first time...not sure if that info helps.

Thanks.
Melissa
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/

Offline KathrynK

• spends far too much time on here
  • Showing Appreciation 171
Re: 1st alergic reaction, maybe?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 14:54:51 pm »
Hi Melissa
You don't think she could be teething and the black bean thing is a coincidence? DD always gets really red cheeks when her teeth are on the move. I am no expert on food allergies, mind!
]

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 01:01:10 am »
It does sound like a possible food allergy, but also perhaps teething. If it were me I'd lay off the beans for a little while and try them again when you're sure she's feeling well. In general, I don't recommend trying beans (or meat for that matter) until 9 months when the digestive system is a little more mature...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Grace's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 13:27:07 pm »
Thanks all.   :D

I think it is teething as her cheeks are still pink and we have a fussy baby who is extra tired.  Tylenol and Iburporpin have been helping. 

We will lay off the beans/meat for awhile as well.  Thanks.

Mel
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/