Author Topic: 45min nap monster on 1 nap!  (Read 695 times)

Offline PeepersMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: November 22, 2006, 01:38:01 am »
This is a question for a friend of mine and I think I have all the details.

Her DD is 16months old and has been on one nap for quiet some time.  Lately she has been routinely waking up crying from nap at 45min (sometimes less) screaming/crying.  Once she gets her out of the crib she is happy as a clam at first, then falls to peices around dinner time.

Her schedule is like this

7am wake up
1:30 nap
7:30 bedtime

I know she slowly got the nap to 130pm.  It started out a lot earlier, like around 1130, but it has slowly been pushed.  She was doing 1.5 hours routinely, and sometimes 2. But these 45 min naps have been on her back for about a week.

Any help for her??

Thanks

Meg
Sweet Boy PJ "I'm too excited to sleep!"
DOB 7/28/05
Jovie love
DOB 1/24/11
Big Boy Miles
DOB 4/29/12

binxyboo

Re: 45min nap monster on 1 nap!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 01:45:37 am »
That nap seems late to me, could he be overtired at that point and thus not as restful during her sleep?

Riley is almost 16 months and he starts his nap at 12 for about two or more hours. When I worked in a preschool, we always had the kids down for nap well before one.

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 01:55:51 am »
Dito to the pp. That is a big awake time for a LO at this age. My DD wakes at 7am sometimes 6.30am and goes down for her nap no later than 12pm sometimes 11.45am. I would suggest trying to putting her down a little earlier at 12.30/1pm.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline imsmum

• Showing Appreciation 36
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 14:48:06 pm »
I agree with pp's.  She may find even if she moves the nap earlier at first there will be waking at 45 minutes because of habit but maybe if she leaves her for a bit she'll go back to sleep.  I'd also move bedtime up 30 minutes or so on the days that she is having a short nap.

Offline Florencia

• Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 19:25:53 pm »
... I'd also move bedtime up 30 minutes or so on the days that she is having a short nap.

ditto on everyone's wonderful suggestions, and the early bedtime should help lo to catch up on lost sleep and not being a mess by dinner time and break the lack of sleep cycle.

Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake