Author Topic: Stimulation during the day and sleep... correlation?  (Read 813 times)

Offline cbell

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Stimulation during the day and sleep... correlation?
« on: November 22, 2006, 23:51:15 pm »
My 7 month only girl is an excellent sleeper to date and we are on a great schedule. However it seems that when we have guests overnight (i.e. grandparents), my LO seems to wake up crying about 3hrs after she was put to bed.  I am pretty strict with her schedule even when people are here so she is still going down for naps at 9 (45 min), 12 (1.5-2hr), and 4ish (30-45min) as we do every day. It just seems to me that when people are here visiting she wakes up crying but when its just us, she sleeps soundly through the night. And like I said I don't deviate from the schedule at all so the only thing I can think of is she has a sense of their presence? Am I nuts?

I did think she was teething which I know should be coming anytime but she doesn't seem to have the other symptoms that go along with it. This same thing happened a month ago when my parents were here and she would wake up so I assumed it was teething then. Well... no tooth yet. And my inlaws were here this past weekend and she had bad diaper rash (now cured) and woke up both night crying and it has been 3 days and nothing yet. Oh and when she wakes up crying it takes me a little while to get her to calm back down again (20 - 30 min) which is unusual for her, therefore making me originally think it was a tooth coming through.

So I guess my question is... is it overstimulation? Or something completely different. If it is, Christmas at the grandparents is going to be tiresome.... sigh

Offline M2L

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
  • Tee hee hee
Re: Stimulation during the day and sleep... correlation?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 00:52:57 am »
sure sounds like you have hit the nail on the head.

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 00:56:41 am »
For sure when there are new people around little ones gte overstimulated.  It still happens with Ewan and he is way older. 

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 22:49:34 pm »
Definitely!!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline NiknLily

• Showing Appreciation 82
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 22:55:17 pm »
It may well be a mixture of both, the nappy rash sounds like teething and being harder to settle would go hand in hand with overstimulation.
newmum x