Author Topic: Rolling around / sleeping on tummy  (Read 848 times)

Offline Loube

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Rolling around / sleeping on tummy
« on: November 23, 2006, 09:57:50 am »
My boy is nearly 5 months and has been rolling over onto his tummy for weeks. However, he has just started rolling onto his tummy at night. Sometimes he cries and gets himself in a state as he can't roll back onto his back yet. Sometimes he sleeps on his tummy just fine. Sometimes he sleeps face down and we have to move him. Question is do we leave him to get on with it or should we keep re-positioning him every hour? Do we try to wedge him in place?  :-\

He's sleeping through most of it  ::) - but we are longing for an interrupted night an a bit of sanity.

Offline *Mona*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 144
Re: Rolling around / sleeping on tummy
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 10:26:01 am »
hi there.

all I can say is my dd was the same exactly- rolling over to her tummy and getting nervous she can't roll back. it's one of those developmental issues that can make LOs wake up more at night. but this too shall pass :)

what I'd suggest is to turn him over if he wakes up unhappy but to let him sleep on his tummy if he's ok with it. I've noticed lots of babies your LO's age become tummy sleepers [so is my dd now :) ].

as long as you make sure he's safe it's ok to let him sleep on his tummy. and don't worry, those sleepthrough nights will sooner or later return.

Monika
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)

Offline MomToMatthew

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 16:57:30 pm »
Mine did the same thing too. I tried to spend some time during the day teaching him to turn his head to the side. I actually would turn him myself eventhough he fought me a little. He did figure out how to just relax on his tummy. But the bad news is that as soon as he figured out how to get into the crawling position, if he happened to turn over in his sleep he immediately pushes up onto his hands and knees and completely wakes up. We are still dealing with that because it results in 4 or 5 night wakenings. Anyway, I think that if your baby's mattress is real firm and she is breathing through her nose, there is room to breath and I wouldn't think she woudl be at a risk for suffocation if her head is turned into the mattress.

Offline Loube

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 13:37:58 pm »
Thanks ladies!