Author Topic: DD suddenly wanting me to feed her again  (Read 1259 times)

Offline rach

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 322
DD suddenly wanting me to feed her again
« on: November 24, 2006, 18:32:58 pm »
Charlotte has suddenly decided that she wants me to help her with her tea, as in, spoon feed her as I did before she could feed herself.  Do you think this is just a phase she's going through.  Cameron isn't yet on solids so she hasn't seem me feed him other than his bottle.  Has anyone else experienced this?

TIA

Rach xx
Rach xx

Offline mcruari

• Showing Appreciation 361
  • Turin, Italy (but Irish at heart)
Re: DD suddenly wanting me to feed her again
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 20:40:20 pm »
I have rarely known anything else!!
I think it is probably the fact that when Cameron is fed, it is you dedicating time to him, therefore Charlotte wants that time too. She wants that special mummy/Charlotte time and NEEDS it because she sees Cameron getting it.

Big Hugs
Sinéad

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 20:58:58 pm »
Rach I agree with Sinead,

I think she is just wanting to have some of the same quality time as Cameron when you feed him.

Hugs

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline mari

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 21:03:50 pm »
Hi Rach,  What if you try to get Charlotte to show Cameron what a big girl she can be.  If he sees her feeding herself then he will lear to do it himself quicker. 
I get this with the 3 year old I care for and I can't (don't have time) to give in to her and she does it herself when she realises that the little ones might think that she isn't a big girl if i feed her!
I bet it is a phase that she wants a little of your time when you are feeding Cameron. 
Good luck.

Offline rach

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 23:08:00 pm »
Thanks everyone, I'm sure it is a phase.  I know that when we start Cam on solids, she'll want to show him how its done.  It seems to be the evening meal, just as I'm starting my tea.  Pretty annoying, but it'll soon pass.

xx
Rach xx

fifibobandmore

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 22:19:44 pm »
Hi Rach

Would you be able to give the children a bath at separate times as Charlotte was the child around then all of a sudden their is a baby. Was Charlotte involved in the pregnancy and preparing for the birth. I only ask this as my son was completely involved in my pregnancy and preparation for the his baby sister and after she was born if he asked to help with his sister we let him and I gave a bath separate from his sister from when she was 4 months so that he could have mummy/son time and when she was sleeping I would let him choose a game or book and we would cuddle up closely together for a little will until he wanted to play.

Have a special time set for just you and Charlotte might just be the answer but do not ignore her when she asks you to feed her just turn it into a game by saying can you put come food in your mouth before I look. And hide your face behind your hands or a cloth and uncover your face and if she has food in her mouth tell her she is a big girl and that you missed her eating that bit of food. She will find this funny and she will also be thinking wait a minute mummy is playing with me and this is fun lets do some more.

Hope this is useful and does not sound stupid but things that sound stupid to use seem to work on our LO.

Alison Reed
Mother of 2
Ryan - Asthmatic but very active (15/02/2002)
Loren - Cerebellar tonsils, night waker but also very active (09/11/2004)
Baby number 3 due 19/07/2007 (Fingers crossed)

Offline rach

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 00:54:26 am »
Hi Alison

Thanks for your message.  I don't find anything you've written silly in anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to post  :D.

I now bath Charlotte and Cam together in the bath at the same time, so she likes to help to wash him.  She has also taken an interest in feeding him his bottle.  I'm sure this will continue as we begin to ween him onto solids.

She's actually done quite well recently.  She hasn't asked me to feed her for a few days now.  She helps to set the table and helps me with jobs to get tea ready, so I think that has helped a lot.

Thanks again for your message, I really do appreciate it.

Rach x
Rach xx

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 20:53:12 pm »
Rach,

That is great news that Charlotte is starting to want to help.

Sounds like she is being a great big sister.
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline mom-2-3

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 21:01:36 pm »
Hey Rach,

Great idea in getting her involved in dinner prep.  Kaiya also went through a phase of asking us to feed her.  I didn't want to say "no" as I know she was doing it to get the same attention as Aidan.  I told her she would have to wait until I was ready.  One bite for her, one bite for Aidan, one bite for me.... and on and on.  She would get impatient waiting for her turn to come so she would end up doing it herself.  She does still ask occasionally, but I encourage her to do it herself and cheer her on as she does.  It helps that when I clap, so does Aidan, so she has a whole cheering section.

Heidi
Heidi