Author Topic: Coming UN-swaddled...  (Read 665 times)

Offline lil'bythewaysmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • A sprinkling of fairy dust!
    • Bytheway's Blog
Coming UN-swaddled...
« on: November 26, 2006, 14:58:16 pm »
I've been having difficulty getting my 8 week old on the EASY routine. ONE problem I've encountered night after night is that she squirms and kicks out of her swaddling. We put her down at 9pm and she wakes up each night around 1am with her arms out scratching her face (she does wear mittens!) and her feet uncovered. She's never fully awake, but makes those short whimpers/grunts and is moving around a lot with her eyes closed. I usually give her the paci and try to tuck her arms and legs back in without completely re-swaddling her which only wakes her up. We have an over-sized swaddling blanket and my husband wraps her up TIGHT! I can't believe she can get out of it, but she does. And I'm pretty sure she would sleep longer if she didn't un-swaddle herself ! HELP!!! After we re-swaddle her she's awake and realizes she's hungry (she snorts when hungry) so I BF and she'll fall asleep at the breast and typically stay asleep until 5 or 6am when she has kicked out of it AGAIN! Please help! Does anyone else have this problem? or some advice????? Thanks.

Offline Sydney

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
Re: Coming UN-swaddled...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 16:45:09 pm »
Hi there

We had problems as well with dd unswaddling herself even though I made my husband do the swaddling as well because he could get it tighter than I could.  We ended up purchasing the miracle blanket and loved it.  She wasn't able to get out of this blanket.  Here is the link

http://www.miracleblanket.com

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 17:00:23 pm »
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=55977.0

You might also consider this swaddle method - it's pretty much impossible for LO to escape.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 06:12:40 am »
I highly recommend the Aussie Swaddle too. Its the only one my DD couldn't brake out of.
You can also try blankets made for swaddling like a miracle blanket or a swaddle me blanket. The also worked well for my DD.
Kimberly