Author Topic: more night wakes for 5mo old  (Read 14158 times)

Offline abbysmomma

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 26
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2006, 15:30:24 pm »
*gasp*.. another GOOD night! even better than the last! bed at 7:30, pseudo-yelp at 9:30 but settled within a few seconds. Then she woke up at 12:30! Fed her then, then nothing 'til 6! Fed her again (mostly 'cause i was too lazy to try and settle her), and she went out again 'til 7am. Woohoo!!!

My question: when she does wake up, should I wait again to see if she settles first, or just go right away when I know she's probably hungry? Anyways Abby's demanding attention right now, so I'll check back later.

tata!

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: more night wakes for 5mo old
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2006, 16:40:42 pm »
YAY!! that's great! Colin slept through (well, after 11:30) last night too.  ;D  You know what I realized though? Yesterday was a full moon. Sounds sort of crazy but Colin's sleep always gets screwy on a full moon, always has.

Aeri, I would always give her a chance to settle first, even if you're sure she's hungry. That way you're consistent and when she doesn't need the feed anymore you'll know right away.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline abbysmomma

• BW Devotee
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2006, 16:51:42 pm »
That's what I thought. I was just so proud of her sleeping without the extra wakes that I wanted to go to her right away. Tonight I will wait! You rock Jessica!

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2006, 16:51:59 pm »
You rock too Aeri!!  :-*  :-*
Jessica

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2006, 17:55:27 pm »
Quote (selected)
My mom says I was the same way with teeth.

Oh i love when my mom starts with that, like what she is trying to tell me exactly? That we deserve this because we may have accidentally, unknowingly did it to her when we were babies.  I mean c'mon that cant be right. Do they really want us to know what it felt like ????

Aeri, my DH thinks its a good nite when he sleeps thru and doesnt hear all the commotion going on. (more like when i dont shove him out of bed and tell him to help!!!)

Soooooooo, i tried to really listen to her last nite, i was thinking of cutting out the DF last nite, she woke up at 10:30 for it and i was gonna give it, but my DH stuck in  her paci and she went back to sleep. She then woke up at 12:40, gave her pacifier, then 1:30 i fed her and fell asleep while doing so, next thing i know its 2:30 and she is hunting so i scooped her up and put her back in crib. Then she woke up 4:30, tried paci but kept crying (im pretty sure mantra) tried to ignore her kept stopping and starting, when it picked up again i went in to calm her a little (had to pick her up bec she got pretty upset) give her the paci again, rubbed her back, this went off and on till abt 6 where she fell into a good sleep till 7:15.

So how did i do? I'm so tired.........  :o (yawn) I only fed her once thruout the nite.

Any suggestions, how many more days of this?????

aeri - 12:30 to 7!!!!!!!!! that is awesome, im so happy for u (and extremely jealous!)

Offline abbysmomma

• BW Devotee
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2006, 15:52:48 pm »
Hey, you did great! Even though she woke up tons, it always feels good when you've only "given in" once. :)  And it doesn't sound like it took very long to get her back to sleep. Always a good thing..

Well, last night wasn't as good, but not bad. Bed was 7:30, woke up 10:30 and was up for an hour until I felt like she was hungry. Fed her at 11:30, then not a peep until 6! I let her mantra until 6:10, then got up and fed her and put her back in the crib. However, this time she did not go back to sleep, and so we got up 6:45. She's back in bed again 8am, so this is going to be a bit of a weird day. I guess we'll see.. 

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2006, 17:00:15 pm »
There will always be off days and that's ok. As long as it's not every day...  ;D
Jessica

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2006, 17:14:36 pm »
thats not bad at all...11:30 - 6...i wish!!!!!!!!!!
once or twice she pulled a 6:45 on me, especially with the closk change even earlier. I guess when tweaking her NWS its expected, just dont want it to become a daily thing.

so last nite was better than nite before, but not good either.
Bed at close to 8 pm, running late last nite  :-\
No DF, she woke up at 11:30 i think, mantra for maybe 2 min, and back to sleep (i didnt go in!!! yay!)
then she woke up at 1 i fed her then and fell asleep while doing so, next thing i know its 2:30 and she found me again (how does she do that?) I gently detached her, (i only want her eating once at nite) and put her back in her crib, woke up again at 5:15 and she got pretty upset after a few min. i had to soothe her back to sleep rock her a bit but i didnt give in and feed her and once she calmed down she fell asleep quickly. she slep till 7:15 i fed her as soon as she got up.

I think tonite though im going to do Df and then no other feeds till am (not happening right) bec by DF i give bottle and i dont fall asleep while giving it like i did last nite at 1 am so i have a better idea of how much she ate and i feel more confident not feeding her all nite KWIM?

ill keep u posted... :)

Offline abbysmomma

• BW Devotee
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2006, 16:45:53 pm »
Hi all.

This thread is like a baby night diary.  ;D

I feel like we've taken two steps forward, and now a step back. Fed her at 6:50, in bed by 7:15, and she woke up at 10 (eek!). Started out ok by herself, but then got frantic. Ended up having to feed her at 10:45 (couldn't take it anymore!) and she ate very hungrily! I don't get it! She goes 4 hours easily during the day.  I kind of feel like I'm just putting her off until it's at least 4 hours. And we can never get her settled until I feed her. So, does that mean she doesn't know how to get to sleep unless she's fed, or she's really hungry? Anyways, after that feed, nothing until 4am. I waited a few minutes, then got up and fed her. Then she slept 'til 7am. I mean, it's not bad compared to what it was before, but for the last few weeks, I've never been able to settle her without feeding. If I do get her back to sleep, it's only for 5 minutes or so. Then she's up again.

I know, i know, it will get better. I just need patience. right?  ::)

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2006, 17:13:36 pm »
What's your feeding schedule like during the day?
Jessica

Offline abbysmomma

• BW Devotee
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2006, 17:29:06 pm »
Well, yesterday, since she got up at 6am, I had to change it a bit to get to a normal bedtime. So 6am, 10am, 2pm, 5pm, 7pm. A bit of a cluster, but we had to go out from 5-7 so I couldn't feed her at 6. But usually it's every four hours (so 4 feeds during the day).

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2006, 17:34:07 pm »
Well that's good - does she take a full feed every time?
Jessica

Offline abbysmomma

• BW Devotee
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2006, 17:41:15 pm »
Yup! well, as near as i can tell. usually about 7 minutes of full out gulping, then another 7 minutes of on and off - easily distracted. And as near as I can tell, she usually takes full feeds anytime I feed her at night.

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2006, 18:05:04 pm »
Hey hey.

So since we are all sharing....  ;D
Dear Baby Nite Diary:  :P

She didnt go to bed easily last nite, i think her 3rd nap was a little too long  :P As soon as i walked in from work and saw how long she was sleepin i woke her up. So i got her to bed like 8pm, I gave her DF at 10:30 she took 4 oz. I think the next time she woke up was 3:30?? i dont even remember anymore. I gave her paci and got her back to sleep. She woke up again at 5ish she got pretty hysterical so i fed her then. Then again at 6:45 :( i fed her a little, she fell back asleep till 8:45.

So the second half of the nite got pretty messed up. I think its better to do a DF then feed her as late into the morning as possible like 5-6 rather than a 1am or 3 am feeding bec of no DF?

How much patience??? I need it to get better faster.......

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2006, 18:27:05 pm »
Aeri, I think you have a very hungry LO!!  :o  Have you ever tried cluster feeding in the evening?

saree's mom, have you considered not DFing?
Jessica