Author Topic: ways to cope with separation anxiety AGAIN!  (Read 749 times)

Offline mom2kaya

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
ways to cope with separation anxiety AGAIN!
« on: December 01, 2006, 17:32:40 pm »
Hi!  I have reverted back to the sitting next to my 20 month old dd's bed again.  For the last month, she has been getting up at about 3:30 screaming for me and will not settle if her daddy goes in her room.  I feel bad for him, although we both know it's a phase! Even in the evening she has very little interest in playing with him.  We really though we were through this!  Is there anything I can do to ease this situation?  We have been traveling a lot b/c of the holidays, We are also 6 months pregnant with our 2nd and I'm worried that the new baby will cause even more problems!  I also want her to interact with her dad even though than I want her to sleep through the night!  Can I do wake to sleep a few nights?  Is there anything to help speed up this phase??

Thank you!

Offline mari

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
Re: ways to cope with separation anxiety AGAIN!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 15:09:02 pm »
I feel for you DH, my daughter is the same if my DH goes into the room to soothe her at night, only I will do.  He just tries to get as many cuddles in during the day time to make up for it.  As for the wake problems, could you possibly post your routine, perhaps that could shed some light on something.