Author Topic: Teething and waking up once a night.  (Read 774 times)

Offline pkralev

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 01, 2006, 23:24:47 pm »
My little 8 month old girl has been teething for the past 2 weeks (i think we are over the worst of it). Since 3 months old she has been sleeping from 7pm to 7am, now she wakes once a night at roughly 4.30am. She won't stop crying unless she has a full bottle of 200ml. We are on 4hr EASy and her naps are good most of the time, she also has 3 solids a day. Do you think i should increase the amount of solids as well as give her some snacks in between? I really do think she is hungry at this time, but could it also be a habit? Any comments would be much appreciated. TIA.

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: Teething and waking up once a night.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 01:16:25 am »
Sounds like she's definitely hungry, not habit. She's likely having a growth spurt - go with it for the time being.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline Jacksmom77

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: Teething and waking up once a night.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 02:14:14 am »
I think your idea sounds pretty good.  It sounds like she's hungry to me too.  I would offer her the feed but try to increase, like you said, during the day & nighttime feed.  Once she starts to take more milk, she may continue to wake up at that time (I know my lo did the same thing)...and there are a few ways to work on that...cold turkey, lessen the amount of milk at that time etc...good luck!
Brandi

[url=http://lilypie.com]

Offline pkralev

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 05:53:39 am »
Thanks for the advice guys, i might try cold turkey and see how we go.......fingers crossed. ???