Author Topic: All of a sudden he's waking 3 plus times a night and early wakings- 5 month old  (Read 778 times)

Offline jmosery

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Hi,

my son just turned 5 months. we are on 4 hour easy and he's always done great. for over a month now he takes his naps, goes to bed no problems, woudl wake once to eat at random times and I would have to wake him at 7 am to start the day

but the past week the night wakings have really increased and the early wakings are now consistant

I am exhausted(2 months pregnant and its killing me)

at first i figured its the teething. would give him some tylenol and out he went for most of the night. but now i don't think its the teething as it doesn't bother him at all during the day, he's still eating well.

this is his daily routine

7 am = wake and feed
7-9= activity
9-10:30 or 11 sleep
11 eat
11- 1 activity
1- 2:30 sleep
3 eat
3-5 activity
5- 5:45 sleep
then some acitivity, bath, eat and sleep by 7

he woke up once to eat at night

he is not on solids and takes 6 oz bottles

maybe he's hungry

two days last week he stayed up longer 3-4 hours after his mornign nap and didn't have a cat nap. is he trying to get rid of that

is he sleeping too much durnig the day

he's been waking at 6 am and thats just too early especially because then he wants to go to bed by 6pm and i don't want to change our routine from 6-6

i just don't understand why the wakings so much

i should ad that yesterday he mastered rolling over on his own. but during the day and never tries to do it at night as he sleeps right up to the bumber.

any ideas?

thanks
jaime
Jaime

Michael- 7/8/06
Natalie- 7/8/07

[

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
LO is overtired and I suspect thats whats effecting his nights.

Keep A time no more then 1.15h

Move Am nap to 8:30am
second nap 12:30
cat nap 4 (no later then 5)
Keep bedtime at 7pm

Consistent bedtime routine and nap routines.
If you feel he is hungry when he wakes then feed him. Its not uncommon. But try settleing first.

If your LO wants a 6-6 routine I wouldn't try to change that to suddenly. Do it 10-15 minutes at a time. I know 6AM is early, but if he is also going down at 6 and thats his inner bedtime, he'll sleep better and longer.
We had to do a 6-6 routine for a while at the same age. 
Kimberly