Author Topic: Waking During Dream Feed - Help  (Read 842 times)

Offline publico

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 03, 2006, 23:18:41 pm »
For six weeks my four month old textbook baby had been going to bed at 7:30 pm, taking a dream feed at 11 pm and getting up at 7 am.  The reason I say had is because on Friday night she woke up during her dream feed and took an hour and a half to go back to sleep.  Last night she woke at 10:15 pm.  I put her back to bed only to find her wide awake when I went in for the dream feed.  This time it took me an hour to get her back.  The good news is that she is still sleeping through until 7 am but needless to say it is exhausting.  Particularly given that I have a demanding job that I need to be up at 6 am for.  Does anyone know what is going on here and have any advice? Thanks in advance.

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Waking During Dream Feed - Help
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 04:10:10 am »
If your LO is waking during the feed try doing it 15-20 minutes earlier.  Kind of like a w2s but with a dreamfeed. This should reset his sleep clock. Remember dreamfeed shouldn't be any later then 10:30.
Kimberly

Offline publico

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 22:42:56 pm »
Tried your suggestion.  Same problem.  I am starting to think it is because I have gone back to work and she is looking for more time with mommy even if it is late at night.  My husband looks after her during the day.  Perhaps he should start giving her the dream feed? Or should I stick with it? Any other thoughts?

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Waking During Dream Feed - Help
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 23:47:15 pm »
You can try having dad do it, though I think its more a habbit of waking now. Try dad and see where it goes.
Kimberly