Author Topic: what should i do about DD's naps?  (Read 718 times)

Offline Pigeon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 50
« on: December 04, 2006, 16:26:58 pm »
Hi all,
I've just hijacked Sabrina's thread, so thought I would start my own.
Megan still naps after lunch every day. She CAN make it through the day without a nap, e.g. if we're on an outing or something v. exciting is happening, but she is dead tired by 6 -6.30. If she has a nap, it takes her a while to fall asleep at night, and her nights seem to be disturbed. If she DOESN'T have a nap, she's out like a light at 7pm and has 12 hours uninterrupted sleep.
Whenever I put her down for a nap during the day, she doesn't complain and goes off within 10 mins. Do you think I should slowly phase them out? Or keep going with them? (Bear in mind, I love having an hour and half to myself every day at the moment!)
I should also mention that she sleeps for 1 hr 30 mins every day, the longest she's ever napped for in her life.....
Here's our routine
6.30-7 am - wake up
8 am breakfast
12-12.30 pm lunch
between 1.30 and 2 pm (never later) - nap for 1 hr 30 mins
I wake her by 3.15 (if she's not already awake)
5 - 5.30 - tea
in bed by 7-7.15 pm
Any ideas gratefully received.

On a slightly different topic, she also seems to be trying every trick in the book to get us to go in to her in the middle of the night, something she's never done before. Excuses vary between "i've lost my muzzie, help, turn me around, I NEED A POO or I want a drink of water. She moved into a big bed 2 months ago. On holiday, we had to go into her up to 6 times a night. What do I do about this, and where has my fantastic sleeper gone?? (She slept through from 15 weeks old till now!!  ::))
Laura, studying SAHM of
Megan Isabelle - April 2004
William Harvey (Billy) - March 2007

Offline imsmum

• Showing Appreciation 36
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 18:43:48 pm »
I also hijacked Sabrina's postwith a similar problem--my dd didn't fall asleep until 9 the last 2 nights! I'm going to try the earliest nap time I can manage with dd (I have to wait until my older dd goes off to school before I put my younger dd down for her nap) to see if that helps. Your dd's nap is about 7 hours after wakeup so you probably can push it forward at least 30 minutes to see if that will help.

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Showing Appreciation 275
Re: what should i do about DD's naps?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 21:48:53 pm »
Only have a sec, but Ella gets up at 7:30 in the a.m. and goes for her nap at 12:30. (she's just turned 2) She either goes straight to sleep or chats for 10. That's it. She is back in bed by 7:30 and it takes her 15 minutes to 1/2 hour of chatting before she goes to sleep. So maybe the earlier nap time is worth a try??

Forgot to add she naps for an hour and a half, two on the odd occasion.
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008