Author Topic: Switching from a 3 hour feeding to a 3.5 hour feeding schedule  (Read 1815 times)

Offline ldschaap

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Switching from a 3 hour feeding to a 3.5 hour feeding schedule
« on: December 04, 2006, 22:43:07 pm »
Hello,
My DS is almost 6 months and in the day he is nursing every 3 hours.  He doesn't nap well in the morning.  He has two 45 minute naps in the first half of the day and then a 1.5 -2.5 hr nap in the afternoon.  So E.A.S.Y is not so easy as he wakes, plays, eats, plays, naps.  I've tried to get him to two long naps in the day and a short dinner nap but that's not working for him.  Anyways, I now want to extend his feeding schedule to a 3.5 hr then to a 4 hours schedule but it's hard when his wake time is only 2 hours max at a time.  Any suggestions are welcome as too how I can extend his feeding times.  Thanks, Linda

Offline *Kimberly*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
Re: Switching from a 3 hour feeding to a 3.5 hour feeding schedule
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 03:33:45 am »
It might be that your lo's naps are messed up because he wants to be on a 3.5+ hour EASY.  Can you post your usual day so we can look at it?  Thanks.

Kimberly

Offline ldschaap

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Switching from a 3 hour feeding to a 3.5 hour feeding schedule
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 00:57:36 am »
The basic schedule that my ds is currently on is:
7:30 Wake and Feed
9 - 9:30 goes for nap
10ish wakes
10:30 feeds
11:15ish naps
12:00 wakes
1:30 feeds
1:45 0r 2 naps
3:30 0r 4:15 wakes
4:30 feeds
5:30 or 6 naps  sometimes only 20 minutes
7 - 7:30 feeds depending on if he had a dinner time nap
10pm dream feed

It's hard to follow easy when he doesn't nap so long in the morning and I can keep feeding him every 2.5 hours.  I have extended it to 3 hours and he's not always needing to eat at the 3 hour time but if I wait much longer, he won't have any wake time after his feed.  He goes to sleep very well from being wide awake.  Hope this helps enough to enable someone to help me get a proper 3.5 hour easy and eventually a 4 hour easy.  I also just started cereal about 1 hour after the 4:30 feed.

Thanks for any help or suggestions in advance.