Author Topic: 19 Month off bottle  (Read 994 times)

Offline saorla

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 07, 2006, 14:50:17 pm »
My 19mth old, Saorla, was in hospital recently with Gastro problems and ended up on a drip for 3 days due to dehydration.  On discharge the nurse advised that I was to ensure she drank plenty of fluids.  But since leaving she has really gone off her bottle and is drinking very little during the day.

Up until she came out of hospital she was drinking approx 200ml of milk in the morning and again in the evening and sips at a cup during the day, but this has practically stopped now - though she is getting her milk with her cereal.

Should I just let her at it as she is quite a determined little girl and knows her own mind and is very capable of telling you yes and no!!

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: 19 Month off bottle
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 21:52:14 pm »
Hugs, I am sorry to hear that your DD has been so unwell  :-*

You may find that your DD is still not feeling 100% hence the reason she is not taking as much as she normally does.  I would keep on offering her the milk at her normal times, and you will find that once she is feeling 100% she will be back to taking her normal quota.

If you are worried abouther intake, I would offer an additional yogurt or custard to make the extra calories.

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007