Author Topic: How much A time for 8mo.?  (Read 806 times)

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
How much A time for 8mo.?
« on: December 11, 2006, 11:41:08 am »
My spirited LO just turned 8mo. Her A time is usually 3hr. For the past four days it has been very difficult for me to put her down for her 2nd nap. It took me almost 1hr to wind her down. Singing lullaby over and over again. I almost fell asleep myself. But not my LO :P
She didn't fall asleep until she's awake for 3.5-4hr :o  She has started to crawl.... Another milestone. Can it be why she refuses to nap? AARRGG
I know it's about time for me to stretch her A time... but how much? Any suggestions?

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: How much A time for 8mo.?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 21:42:04 pm »
Developmental Milestones can definitely effect naps as well as night time sleep.

If you think that your lo is ready to start increasing her A time then I would suggest trying to extend her A time by 15 minutes every few days.  The best bet would be just to wath her cues closely and see how she goes.

Keep us posted on how she gets on.
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline litomi

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 10:19:43 am »
Thanks Tom Tom's Mum. My spirited LO has been very opinionated for the past few days. >:( It has been very difficult for us to put her down for her naps. AARRGG. She tried to wriggle out from my arms when I tried to wind her down. She just wanted to crawl and explore the house! This morning she fell asleep after waking up for 4hrs and woke up 5min. later screaming, coz she needs to poop. She was awake for another 2hrs! Then finally took a 2hr nap  :o Similar story happened with her afternoon nap. It was almost 4pm when she fell asleep and woke up 5min. later to burp :(
She took only ONE decent nap today. I'm keeping my fingers & toes crossed that she'll sleep through the night. I'm really exhausted :'(
I just feel that she's leading the routine....

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 20:53:30 pm »
Hugs, sounds like you have had a tiring day.  Hope she sleeps well for you tonight.

Please let usknow how you get on.
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007