Author Topic: Picky Eater  (Read 795 times)

Offline Tizzy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Picky Eater
« on: December 12, 2006, 16:25:51 pm »
My lo is 13 months old. He is quite a picky eater.

Brekkie is a piece of toast and 1 1/2 weetabix or porridge.
Bottle before nap.
Lunch/Dinner is Hipps Organice Chicken, veg and noodle jar.....always. No variety as he won't eat it. Shuts his lips tight and won't let it pass.
Tea is yogurt and fruit.
Bottle before bed and maybe some porridge
Will also have breastfeed around 2ish in the morning.

No matter how I try to get him to eat something else I have no success. He will however lick an apple or pear or piece of fruit but doesn't actually like to bite them. He also will not feed himself finger food. He hates the feel of food.

How do I break this cycle or am worrying to much?

Offline LucyA

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
Re: Picky Eater
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 22:14:50 pm »
Looks like your lo is getting quite a range of different foods, even if there isn't much variety day to day. I wouldn't worry too much at this stage. I think keep offering him different foods, but don't react if he doesn't eat them.
Do you eat when he eats? Does he want to try things you're eating?
Lucy

Offline Tizzy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 22:33:15 pm »
Thanks for replying lcm.

He has his brekkie with me which has he started to eat toast. He also has lunch at same time as me and expresses interest in what I am eating but when offered firmly purses his lips together like you are trying to poison him. He usually has his tea before we have our dinner as dh comes in a little late for him to be eating. On the days that dh is early if we are having rice with our dinner he will eat that of my plate (out of my fingers infact) but if I try to give him rice when we are not eating he won't touch it.

Today since I posted he ate a little bit of banana. He used to love this in the early solid food days but went of it. But hopefully will start to eat it more again.

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 22:52:44 pm »
Welcome to the world of the picky toddler!  This forum has a picky eater support thread.  Good for getting ideas, general venting, and support. 
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.