Author Topic: How to make naps longer for 3 month old.....Help!!!  (Read 674 times)

Offline Maisie Momma

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How to make naps longer for 3 month old.....Help!!!
« on: December 13, 2006, 21:24:49 pm »
Hello everyone, I'm new to this board and hoping for some help.  I have a 3 month old daughter who is not sleeping during the day.  Her naps are preceeded with hysterical crying and when she is finally rocked to sleep, she only sleeps 10 to 30 minutes.  She takes these naps anywhere between 2 to 4 times a day.  She sleeps well in the car seat while traveling and she also sleeps well at night.  She pretty much sleeps throughout the night but she doesn't go to sleep for the night until about 11pm.  How do I get her to sleep more during the day when we have days where we don't go anywhere?  Any and all help is welcomed and thanks for listening.

Offline samijoe

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: How to make naps longer for 3 month old.....Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 21:40:50 pm »
Hi,
Welcome to Bw-site!  You will find us to be a very helpful and fun community!  But, you may also find us to be a bit addictive!  ;)

I'll start by asking you to post your routine so far....then we all have more info to help you with.

In my experience, a 10-30 minute nap is caused by overtiredness.  Your baby, for her age, seems rather overtired and should be napping more.  (you know this already though)

We can fix this...but we will also need to know if you have ANY nap routine (winddown etc).  Same for bedtime...what are the things you are doing to signal to your lo that it is time to sleep???

Hope to hear from you soon!

sami
[img width= height=]http://b3.lilypie.com/BDoUm6.png?r=4562e4a[/img]
[img width= height=]http://b1.lilypie.com/23hXm7/.png[/img]